Great liver recipe

Looks good, Gerry. I do enjoy liver, but in my house I'm alone in this love affair. I will have to consider this when I'm out alone at some point with a freshly harvested deer or moose.

Thanks. Sounds delicious, will have to try it. I enjoy beef liver from my grill. Take a sheet of foil, big enough to wrap liver into. Put a bed of vandalia onion slices on foil. Completely wrap liver slices in bacon. Place bacon wrapped liver on onion bed. Cover liver with additional slices of onion. Wrap and close the foil around the liver. I have my Traeger set on hi and check liver after 20 minutes or so. Keeps my wife happy because the liver isn't "stinking" her kitchen up. Excellent eating and don't have to share with family. LOL
Duane

Gerry that sounds delicious :wink:.
I only eat it once in awhile as Doctor says it is to high in cholesterol :( .
I was fortunate enough to be given a Moose heart & liver about a month ago :grin: it has been thoroughly cleaned & in the deep freeze (y).

Blessings,
Dan

I really like beef liver and onions, with mashed potatoes and gravy. That said as much as I like deer meat of all kinds, a lot of deer livers are too strong for me. Occasionally you get a good one. I also like chicken livers as does my wife.

I like liver, both deer and elk. I like to nail it to a tree and wait for a coyote to come in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gun nut":2sx3vfw2 said:
Thanks. Sounds delicious, will have to try it. I enjoy beef liver from my grill. Take a sheet of foil, big enough to wrap liver into. Put a bed of vandalia onion slices on foil. Completely wrap liver slices in bacon. Place bacon wrapped liver on onion bed. Cover liver with additional slices of onion. Wrap and close the foil around the liver. I have my Traeger set on hi and check liver after 20 minutes or so. Keeps my wife happy because the liver isn't "stinking" her kitchen up. Excellent eating and don't have to share with family. LOL
Duane

Anything wrapped in bacon sounds delicious, but this sounds delectable... (y)
Will have to give this a try.
Thanks
Ed

Back