chukar in the skillet

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
The chukar last night didn't get the benefit of marinating. I just sliced the breast meat off the birds, seasoned it and cooked it.

Olive oil in the pre-heated skillet.

The chuckar breast meat is pretty thin. Just used a tiny bit of salt, along with quite a bit of black pepper and garlic.

Popped 'em onto the skillet, turned once, and cooked until the meat was white all the way through.

A tad tough, especially after feasting on tender "butterball" turkey the past couple of days, but really flavorful and just plain excellent table fare.

Only shot two. Cooked 'em up within three hours of shooting them, just for my son and I. We enjoyed. Great way to use up some more of the leftover mashed potatoes. I went a little nuts peeling and cooking potatoes on Thanksgiving apparently. We could feed an infantry squad with all the mashed spuds I've got left. :grin:

Hoping to get out for more upland bird hunting in the weeks ahead!

Guy

That sounds good, I have done it as well with whitewings. Other cooking method I use is the breasts cut out and double stacked with a slice of jalapeno and cream cheese and bacon wrapped on the grill.

Back