CWD

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
So why would I put Chronic wasting diseases in the food section?
Maybe because we eat wild game and they tend to carry the disease.
There is a study going on to see if it can be transmitted to humans.
They have found some Primates to be susceptible to it that have genes similar to their human counter parts.
So just like Mad Cow, Scientist think it is only a matter of time before it is found in humans and there is no know cure for either. ):eek:(

One of the does I shot last summer tested positive for CWD. The DNR recommends the we shouldn't consume infected meat but there is no data to support this to date.
I for one wouldn't eat it knowing that it was positive CWD but it does make me wonder how many deer I may have harvested and consumed over the years?
The big doe last year that was tested positive for CWD acted normal. She was in a bean field with about 15 deer in it. They were feeding and running around when the big bucks came out. I shot 2 that evening and all the body language was the same with all the deer during my 15-20 minutes of observation.
JD338

From what I have read the disease is transmitted threw body fluids and droppings.
I have never killed one with the disease but have seen them in PA out side of Philly on I-76

It's an ugly problem for us hunters, no doubt.

Washington has some restrictions on bringing in skulls & such, so when I hunt out of state, I have the skulls bleached and the meat processed there. All I bring home is frozen, wrapped meat, and the bleached skulls are sent to me later.

I think it's an honest concern. Am not betting the health of myself or my family on "It hasn't been transmitted to a human yet." Well, not that we know of.

So ya, be careful. That's kinda scary JD - that the doe didn't look or act any differently than the other deer... But still tested positive. Dang.

Guy

The ones I have seen looked grossly under nourished and wobbled when they walked so they were probably in the last stages of life and suffering from the disease.
It's a dang shame that this can't be wiped out due to the fact that they exist in non hunting areas and where people protect Bambi and don't allow hunting which allows the disease to spread and others to carry it out side the protected area as they roam.
The animal rights activist need to understand they are doing more harm then good by allowing the deer to suffer and spread this deadly disease but will be the first to demand action when one of their own contracts the disease and demand eradication of the animals only when it is too late and someone dies.

Well - if your activists are similar to ours, they would argue that dying from cwd is better than being shot, because it is natural. Nature will handle it.
the monkey-emoji covering it's eyes would be fitting, but I can't find it.

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

CWD already has a human version Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease (CJD), Basically all transmissible spongiform encephalopathy diseases are similar. There is another form called KURU in cannibalistic tribes in New Guinea.

Common thought on CWD and BSE (mad cow) was a species jump from scrapie that has been in sheep since the 1700s.

It is going to be a big problem in our huntable ungulates. It is spread from bodily fluids, dirt combined with infected urine can be contagious for up to 10 years.

The only real cure is eradication of animals for over 10 years. I’m not sure how this will pan out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thebear_78":2kecnb2x said:
CWD already has a human version Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease (CJD), Basically all transmissible spongiform encephalopathy diseases are similar. There is another form called KURU in cannibalistic tribes in New Guinea.

Common thought on CWD and BSE (mad cow) was a species jump from scrapie that has been in sheep since the 1700s.

It is going to be a big problem in our huntable ungulates. It is spread from bodily fluids, dirt combined with infected urine can be contagious for up to 10 years.

The only real cure is eradication of animals for over 10 years. I’m not sure how this will pan out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds similar to anthrax back in the 1800's in cattle where the spores were kicked up by cattle drives and infected cattle.

Back