Christmas Dinner?

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Making elk roast via the souse vide again this year. Didn't get real creative, just cooking it in salt, pepper and olive oil. Kinda tame compared to last year. I'll sear it again in a few hours, about 4:30 when the souse vide should be done cooking it.

Making an assortment of oven-roasted veggies to go with it. (y)

My son is here, and some of tonight's apple pie seems to have vanished at breakfast time... :wink:

What's cooking at your place for Christmas dinner?

Guy

Since I didn’t bring home fresh tenderloins tonight, I’ll be stir frying fresh shrimp in garlic served over a bed of rice and beans....might be accompanied by an “all day IPA” from Founders...

Dessert is pumpkin cheesecake... it’s a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mule deer roast (crock pot) w brown gravy, mashed potatoes, fresh veggies (tomatoes, broccoli). Had the grandson and his fiancée with a couple of younger men whom I've mentored for the past several years. A delightful time.

We had a hickory smoked ham, cheese potatoes, asparagus, salad and a home made apple pie with vanilla ice cream for dessert.
Tomorrow's feast is a standing rib roast, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, fruit salad and cheese cake tarts.
Sunday I start my diet.

JD338

We made a small turkey, stuffing smoked picnic ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, brussel sprouts sautéed with bacon, peas and cranberry sauce. Was very good and we will be enjoying it for several more days to come!

Duck, assorted veggies, fresh rolls. Nothing fancy, just tasty.

This Christmas seemed exhausting.

m1oLvAVh.jpg

Back