Sweet Corn this yr.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
Extended it this yr. Runs all the way out to the fencerow at the far end. Couldn't get it all in the picture.....maybe 15-20' of field yet to the left of the camera.

It's coming along, hit it with urea 1 time, and 10-20-20 one time. Just pushing tassel's down in the whirl. This past weekend I sprayed it for the first time for corn borer's and earworms. Now that it's pushing tassel's that will be a weekly thing until it's into harvest time. Kind of a pain as I do it with a hand sprayer walking backwards with the sprayer on stream slowly going back and forth in an arc.

Should make a good bit of corn, I'm hoping so to reward my work, but also I'm counting on some of it to give me some gun money again this yr. (y) :grin:

jimbires":177i7csp said:
knee high by the forth of July .

Jim, that pic is deceiving because I'm up on a bank with the grass in the pic at ground level and the corn below it. The corn is actually around 5 ft tall in the rows and still growing in this hot weather. I don't like hot humid weather, but it does grow corn. (y)

very nice .

I think you must be close to me . let me know when the corn is ready .

jimbires":13xsc4jy said:
very nice .

I think you must be close to me . let me know when the corn is ready .

I'll give you directions like people give me around here. You'll pass a big oak tree, then come down the road a ways and I'm on the left. You can't miss it. :lol:

Sent you a P.M.

Back