red stag ribs

TackDriver284

Handloader
Feb 13, 2016
Back in January I had bagged a red stag cow with the 6.5 Creedmoor with a 120 Nosler Ballistic Tip to the neck, kept the ribs since I don't like to waste meat. Prepped it this morning and put grub rub over it and a good sprinkle of coarse black pepper and smoked it at 225 degrees for 2.5 hours with a spritz of apple juice every hour. Delicious.
Lmznq59l.jpg

Those look quite promising. I can't believe they would be anything other than excellent. What did you serve with the ribs?

Those ribs look great Mark!
You are indeed a master chef.

JDo

DrMike":40e32i8q said:
Those look quite promising. I can't believe they would be anything other than excellent. What did you serve with the ribs?

We had steamed cauliflower topped with cheese sauce, corn and mashed potatoes along with those ribs.

JD338":207zbwql said:
Those ribs look great Mark!
You are indeed a master chef.

JDo

Thank you, I just love to cook. I had to start cleaning the freezer out and make some room for the new winter season. :grin:

TackDriver284":1lv0jaoo said:
DrMike":1lv0jaoo said:

We had steamed cauliflower topped with cheese sauce, corn and mashed potatoes along with those ribs.

That sounds like a fantastic spread. Can't see that there would be many leftovers after a presentation such as that.

DrMike":30nd1gby said:
TackDriver284":30nd1gby said:
DrMike":30nd1gby said:

That sounds like a fantastic spread. Can't see that there would be many leftovers after a presentation such as that.

I would have loved some pie after that. (y)

Back