Just put some new mounts up

muleman

Handloader
May 12, 2009
Just picked these up yesterday. I love them in my greatroom. The Kudu came out especially well.
Scott
Mounts014.jpg

Mounts004.jpg

Mounts008.jpg

Mounts006.jpg

Mounts013.jpg

Scott,

Some great looking mounts. I remember the hunt and the performance of your 325WSM. It does look good!

cloverleaf":3e69epx6 said:
Beautiful Mounts and a beautiful room! BTW that Elk Is impressive too. CL

Cloverleaf,
Thank you very much. I built this room addition myself(including the fireplace). The elk mount is especially important to me; I took that elk with my bow many years ago. He's not my biggest but he is my best with a bow so far.

Mike,
I believe you could take some credit for these new mounts since you were instrumental in my load work up for that trip. That 325WSM is still quite the "skookum" performer!

Scott

You were the one who raised the ram and also pulled the trigger. Give credit where credit is due. You did an excellent job. The taxidermist prepared some good looking mounts. They do grace your walls.

Outstanding! Your kudu looks great - but the gemsbok really impresses me. Such a magnificent beast. Good looking trophies from what must have been a great hunt.

Congrats!

Scott,

Beautiful mounts!
Congratulations again on your safari.

JD338

Those are some great looking critters. I really like the shoulder mount of the zebra. I never would have thought of doing that over a rug, but that looks sharp!

Thanks guys!
There's nothing like having reminders of a great experience out where you can see them every day. One of the many reasons I married my wife - she lets me hang 'em in the house! 8)
Scott

Scott, those are some awesome mounts buddy! Very very nice! Talk about a truly awesome hunt. I remember reading about your 325 as well.. Plus, didn't you have a 308 on that trip as well?

Back