2016 Plains Game hunt

Woodycreek

Handloader
Aug 2, 2007
Anyone hunted with or know anything about this outfit? I won a hunt through the Friends of the NRA dinner a couple months ago and need to start planning the trip. It's a 7 day hunt with four of us going. My list for game is Kudu, Gemsbok, Zebra, Wildebeest, and Warthog.

http://numzaan.com

I haven't been there but most all of RSA is well run and you will be well catered to every step of the way. The web site looks great, might ask for a full list of last years guests and make a few calls to them. Hopefully not just the hand picked ones?

Best of luck, should be a nice trip.

Take extra money. You will want to shoot more animals once you are there. Also to bring souvenirs home.

Be sure to pack candy( not stuff that will squish or melt) for the trackers etc and lots of it. Something I learned was to pack items (pants, shoes, shirts, socks etc) that you will not care about and leave them there for the workers so you have more room to bring items home.

Also go early so you can spend a few days sightseeing before the hunt. That also will help with jet lag if you get it.

Wow, sounds like a really great adventure hope you have a great time there.

I heard Brian was going to use a 30-06 and 270 for him and Holly on the hunt..... Said he wanted something he knew wouldn't fail him! :lol:

SJB358":33u1hm79 said:
I heard Brian was going to use a 30-06 and 270 for him and Holly on the hunt..... Said he wanted something he knew wouldn't fail him! :lol:

Touché, Scotty. That should spark some response. (y)

SJB358":1pbw3csl said:

Smart man!

Congratulations Brian, have a safe and enjoyable trip/hunt

Brian,

Congratulations on your upcoming safari. What rifles and loads are you taking?

JD338

Brian,
Good going. Enjoy your hunt. If you have kids clothes that you dont need, bring them for the staffs kids. School supplies are good also.
russ

I heard Brian was going to use a 30-06 and 270 for him and Holly on the hunt..... Said he wanted something he knew wouldn't fail him!
He own's a 270? Why? His biggest issue will be hitting whatever he shoots at, irregardless of the caliber, maybe if he didn't close his eyes?!!! :grin: :grin:

Thanks for the kind words guys except for Scotty and Bill. 270? Don't have a clue what Scotty is talking about? I'm planning on taking the 300 RUM with my old tried and true load of 200gr ABs. I have some 220 PTs squirreled away for a big bear hunt? Thanks for the ideas for the staff and local kids. Of course we will tip the staff but was wondering what else we could do.

Stuff to leave the trackers etc.
Clothes as long as they are not size fat like I wear. The workers are not fat ---at least where we went.
A tip of course.
shoes, socks, baseball style hats, t-shirts, jackets, blue jeans etc. If you take ones you do not care about you can leave them and have more room for the stuff you bought to bring back.
Hard candy, coated candy but not something that will squish and make a mess, Skittles work well.
A decent knife for gutting/skinning. We were amazed how well they did with such poor knives they had.

Woodycreek":2es7vwnx said:
Thanks for the kind words guys except for Scotty and Bill. 270? Don't have a clue what Scotty is talking about? I'm planning on taking the 300 RUM with my old tried and true load of 200gr ABs. .

With a .300Rum you are well prepared.

Ask the people down there to take you nightshooting at jackels, porcupines or a real afrikaaner springhaas jag(skiet). Ask if you and the party can burrow some shotguns for a rough shoot. Very informal and enjoyable.

Don´t forget to take lots of Pictures too . Go to bed very late and get up very early. Any deficit in sleep can be caught up when you get back to America.

Heading there myself in oct.

I've been twice and they are very expensive. Check out SS Pro Safaris and book through Discount African hunts https://www.discountafricanhunts.com/

John will get you what you are looking for. $3500 for 10 days minus the Kudu with animals is a steal. I was there in May and it was great

Back