Kudu Mount Home

Divernhunter

Handloader
Apr 1, 2009
Finally got my Kudu mount home from my 2013 trip to South Africa with Iliwa Safaris. The stuff has been here in the states for a long time but the mount just got finished up. My Gemsbuck is next to get home. I saw him starting on it this week.

Shot with a Ruger M77 in 338Win mag using 225gr Swift A-Frame handloads. One shot at a measured 480 yards.

I am getting the bad itch to go back and all the mounts/skins are not even done yet. :)

Attachments

• kudu reduced.JPG
    kudu reduced.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 4,726
Very nice. Congratulations on your 2013 safari.
Hope you can go again.

JD338

Great shot indeed.
At 480 yards is where the .338win really shines...especially on kudu.

Thanks for sharing.

Congrats on the mount. Looks great. Just finished booking everything for my South Africa trip next Feb and Kudu is on the hit list.

I really like that mount. Might have to do something like that in the future if I ever get a really nice moose or caribou. I doubt I’ll ever get to africa but would love to hunt those beautiful plains game.

Thebear_78":3facei2f said:
I really like that mount. Might have to do something like that in the future if I ever get a really nice moose or caribou. I doubt I’ll ever get to africa but would love to hunt those beautiful plains game.

Africa is cheap compared to hunting North America. I'm Canadian and I can't do a Canadian moose or caribou for what I can do a 10day African all inclusive hunt in South Africa. Think $3500 5 animals plus airfare. I went 2014, May this year and headed back May 2016. It is a disease now

Back