Of to Africa..

Rigbymauser

Handloader
Nov 3, 2012
Hey Guys.

I am of to SouthAfrica tomorrow in the small hope to hunt a female Buffalo...with perhaps eland & Kudu in kalahari. I haven´t yet seen the conditions the female Buffalo can be hunted in but if the conditions are good where the terrain is difficult and the animals are wild I will take on.

I am bringing only my .333Jeffery loaded to shoot 300grain pills....that will bring down most game in the world.

I will return with evidence....Keep up ya´ll... (y)

Jens.

Best of luck to you Jens.
Have fun and I look forward to reading about your escapade.

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Have a great time and enjoy the trip. As has already been said, we need lots of pictures.

Nice Warthog.

two nice warthogs

kalahari springbuck

Eland

Another fat hog...

Don´t get bitten by this one

...or this one...

Sunset over kalahari

Mpumalanga

Nice buff

Colorfull birds

Bushbaby

Vince":1sy4dkz5 said:
Guy Miner":1sy4dkz5 said:
I really just need to write the check and go...

Guy
You and me both. :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Not to push(Maybe a little :mrgreen: )...but if you went two persons, there is some expenses you could share like the driving.

I can recommend Makopong Safaries in kalahari. Very fair prices, good accomodation. It is a selfcatering camp officially but everything can be arranged so you will have food for a week or more. You make your own food either over fire or in a kitchen with all the modern stuff.

Prices to give an idea.
Accomodation is like SAR250-300 per night per person. One should take into account the eating and drinking is about SAR 120-150 per day per person.

Gemsbok was someting like SAR5000-6000
Kalahari springbok was SAR2500.

I am not a spokesman for these people but I recommend them.

Drop them a line:

https://www.facebook.com/makopong.safarilodge

Jens,

Are you still in Africa or back home ? was curious as to why the animals you listed you would hunt in your first post, does not exactly match the ones you took. Not a big deal, because you got some nice game animals in some beautiful country, congratulations, glad you had a good hunt, was just curious.

Best Regards

Jamila

I wanted buffalo to begin with but I sort of withdrew myself because I felt it was too much to pay for a very short stalk(spot and plug) in Limpopo. For me a buffalo hunt should take a long time hunting on foot in the wild(free ranging or at least some +70000hkt land). I didn´t come to shoot but to hunt. One day I`LL take up a buffalohunt. Hunting a sole daggaboy and get in close.
In kalahari I did hunt kudu and gemsbok but it takes time when actually hunting on foot and time ran out. One springbok only after many stalks. To truly hunt, hunting gemsbok & kudu on foot will take time.

Jens,

I agree with you on all points, especially that you didnt go there just to shoot but to hunt. What game animals did you dine on in the evening ? congratulations again on a fine hunt

Best Regards

Jamila

Nice to see that you enjoyed the trip and came away with your expectations fulfilled.

The quality of the experience is so much more important than just the game bagged at the end of the "hunt"!

Congrats!

Awesome pictures, great hunt and that RIFLE. Oh my Lord! That is beautiful and cool cartridge. You did it up right buddy. Congrats.

That is a beautiful rifle. Looks like she did well for you. Congratulations on your successful safari.

JD338

Back