Lions in the campsite!

Just throw your pants out of the tent...the strong smell of feces should make them leave.

It may be wrong, but I would have been very tempted to shoot that big hairy kitty just outside the netting door of my tent!

Has anyone tested pepper spray on lions?
Jamila or April? Have either of you experienced anything like this?
What do the PH's do in these type of circumstances?

Reminds me of the statement my uncle made; "I don't want to be a nylon sandwich!"

I just don't want to know what's outside on my tent at night. Grizzlies are bad enough but I especially don't want to see my first Sasquatch just before dark while camping alone :lol:

I tented for years while early Moose hunting & have had things go bump in the dark outside our tent we always had our clips ready :wink:.
Now a African lion would take it to a whole different level!!

Blessings,
Dan

I can't imagine what having a lion out side the tent would be like.
Gives me shudders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gil, my apologizes, I missed this and was just made aware of Guys thread and your post,. I must do this quick as I am traveling now. Jamila will have far more knowledge than I as I have only hunted Africa on 6 occasions and in some of those cases it was on a game farm and our accommodations were very nice. the times we did camp in the bush I was always amazed when they showed us the tracks of what was in camp during the night and the sounds off the jungle at night can be both a little scary and enjoyable. They laid down rules that were not negotiable when we did stay in tents at night that were completely enclosed and zipped up! We never left our tents at night. BTW, we also were not allowed to leave out huts even on the game farms at night. but it is not just lions that visit you in the night. I think the knowledge that elephants were just outside our tent at night worried me more than the lion tracks

Thanks April.

Definitely a topic that is not shared on the hunting safari shows and dvd's.

Nice to know. My wife is not so sure now that she wants to do a safari where we would have to tent it.
I have not heard of any incidents, so would think it is still pretty safe, as long as the rules are strictly adhered to. Would not stop one from being nervous though! LOL

I'm thinking that if I ever make it to Africa on a hunt accommodations are a must!

Wonder what that kitty would have done with a squirt gun filled with ammonia?

Miss Robbie just F'n Freaked when a 'Yote was outside the door. Can't imagine her reaction in that situation...not that I could ever convince her to actually sleep in a tent !

Back