Africa if you can not afford to hunt.

Europe

Handloader
Jun 18, 2014
I have been asked by a few fellows here about Africa and would my husband and I have gone if we had not been able to afford to hunt, YES.

We enjoyed watching the animals and the interaction between the animals, the vast herds of animals and the migration of the wildebeest and zebras is mind boggling.

Mt Kilimanjaro, Victoria Falls, Table Mountain, going on a Mountain gorilla safari was enjoyable for me. We also enjoyed Tiger fishing, and bird hunting. Cheyenne;s grandfather went Tiger fishing a couple of years ago and said it was one if his best trips ever. It is exhilarating to float down the river watching the hippos fight and other animals coming to the river for a drink

I am not sure if Americans can or would even want to go to this part of Africa now But years ago we enjoyed the trip down the Nile, the Pyramids, and riding camels across the sands.

By all means, yes, go, if you can. You could spend a month in Africa easily and never get homesick. Of course, those of you who enjoy hunting, would enjoy hunting Africa, but it is worth seeing even if you dont hunt.

c. schutte":34lfwkno said:
It's on the old list April! :>)

Charles, after what you have been through, health, business, children, you deserve a trip with your wife to anywhere in the world the two of you want to go. You are the ultimate fighter and my hats off to you and your wife and my prayers will continue to be sent your way.

Still planning on bending an elbow with you and your wife on the river walk or even at Victoria Falls, if that works better for the two of you. Charles, as you know, long term friendships were started on the veranda at Victoria Falls. Both of them are gone now, but you and I are still here and maybe we can carry that tradition on for a bit longer. BTW, one of their granddaughters is still flying a bush plane in Africa, but she plans on returning to Alaska by the end of this year.

I do have a friend in South Africa that could arrange for a camera safari and I would like to do that some day. I'm not a trophy type hunter and don't kill what I can't use or eat but would love to see the country and animals.

Europe":2xvmp18k said:
c. schutte":2xvmp18k said:
It's on the old list April! :>)

Charles, after what you have been through, health, business, children, you deserve a trip with your wife to anywhere in the world the two of you want to go. You are the ultimate fighter and my hats off to you and your wife and my prayers will continue to be sent your way.

Still planning on bending an elbow with you and your wife on the river walk or even at Victoria Falls, if that works better for the two of you. Charles, as you know, long term friendships were started on the veranda at Victoria Falls. Both of them are gone now, but you and I are still here and maybe we can carry that tradition on for a bit longer. BTW, one of their granddaughters is still flying a bush plane in Africa, but she plans on returning to Alaska by the end of this year.

It would be my pleasure to bend the elbow so to speak with you.

My wife Susan absolutely loves fishing, and even if we didn't hunt, there would be fishing trips around the globe that we would be dreaming and planning to do. Both of us have marlin at the top of our bucket lists for fishing, with trout in Argentina and New Zealand next. The tiger fishing sounds very interesting and I have read a little and seen a little of it on tv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was lucky enough to work part time in Africa and it was the best experience I could have ever imagined, period! I still long to go back, and even today thought about moving there and walk about for awhile. Yes, I liked it that much! It's a must see kinda place, fascinating around every turn of the road, or in the bush, and unlike anything else in this entire World.

It all sounds fascinating to me.
Very Cool stuff. What a fantastic trip with either just a camera, or with the rifle!
e

Back