Most hunted and hardest to hunt

Europe

Handloader
Jun 18, 2014
I didn't forget your request, but I was not the right person to ask. Although I have visited Africa on multiple occasions, they were not all hunting trips. However I did ask three people who have hunted Africa all their life.

They said:

most difficult is a hard one to answer as there are so many different species, countries, varied habitat, hunting styles ( free range vs game farm or water hole blinds) However, in general, the small stuff always is difficult, simply because it is small--ie: Klipspringer, Blue Duiker, Cape Grysbok, Pygmy Antelope, Royal Antelope, etc. A free range walk and stalk Kudu can be very challenging. But several animals on a free range walk and stalk hunt can be a challenge.

Most hunted. This is easier to answer as there are records that help answer this question. wart hog, impala, wildebeest, are almost always harvested. Kudu is also a well hunted animal simply because almost everybody wants one.

Most hunted dangerous game is Buffalo.

Now your turn;

Those who have hunted Africa. Which of the animals you hunted proved to be the most challenging ? If you return, what other animals that have not hunted, would you like to hunt ?

Those who have not hunted Africa, but want to; What animals do you think about harvesting?

"Which of the animals you hunted proved to be most challenging?" Oryx.

"If you return,what other animals that you have not hunted,would you like to hunt?" Eland and Cape buffalo.

I think it would be neat to hunt Africa but if I had a choice for me at least it would be a hunt to Alaska, Yukon, or N.W. Territories for me. If I could afford it I would want to try and do grizzly bear, moose, sheep, and wolf.

Now if I was lucky enough to go to Africa. I sure would love to get a Kudu, Oryx, and maybe a Cape Buffalo.

Guess I'd have to take something larger than my 6mm Remington also!

6mm Remington":1kal9ld5 said:
I think it would be neat to hunt Africa but if I had a choice for me at least it would be a hunt to Alaska, Yukon, or N.W. Territories for me. If I could afford it I would want to try and do grizzly bear, moose, sheep, and wolf.

Now if I was lucky enough to go to Africa. I sure would love to get a Kudu, Oryx, and maybe a Cape Buffalo.

We should probably go together. I want above all else: gemsbok (oryx), kudu and if I can swing the fee, cape buffalo.

A warthog would be fun too!

It's kind of like my grizzly hunt. I wasn't really after the "trophy." I was after the experience! Everything I've read about hunting gemsbok, kudu & cape buff just excites the heck out of me.

Guy

The gemsbok and kudu will provide great stalks and will challenge you on different levels.

The cape buffalo and elephant stalks are the most exciting of all. The adrenaline rush is very addicting. Nothing like being in the tall grass, crawling to get closer and the wind changes, getting their attention and you become the animal of interest. Lots of fun.

This is an easy one for us as we have discussed it on multiple occasions

Myself, Lechwe, Kudu, Lion

Wife, Giraffe and Leopard

April, I know this is in bad form but my wife was curious about the qualifications and cost of possibly attending the all girls hunt. She said the knowledge and experience of the participants would be worth the cost of admission, even if she didn't hunt. She said to set around the fire and listen to those who have hunted Marco Polo, Elephant, Polar Bear, would certainly be different from our yearly conversations in Montana about Elk (-:

BTW we love Elk hunting, but this would certainly be a change of pace, conversation wise

Wow! I can see your wife being included among the hardest to hunt and the most hunted. :shock: But, yourself? :?

Okay, enough fun. :wink: Great hunts, all.

DrMike":kf0b35pn said:
Wow! I can see your wife being included among the hardest to hunt and the most hunted. :shock: But, yourself? :?

Okay, enough fun. :wink: Great hunts, all.

LOL LOL LOL excellent post Dr Mike and good point!

Guy Miner":3bpasjep said:
6mm Remington":3bpasjep said:

We should probably go together. I want above all else: gemsbok (oryx), kudu and if I can swing the fee, cape buffalo.

A warthog would be fun too!

It's kind of like my grizzly hunt. I wasn't really after the "trophy." I was after the experience! Everything I've read about hunting gemsbok, kudu & cape buff just excites the heck out of me.

Guy
Okay I'm in! I'd like to get to eat some of these critters too just to see what they are like. That's part of the whole experience right??

Back