Help with search function

ScreaminEagle

Handloader
Jan 20, 2011
What exactly is the trick to using the search function? I tried the look up a thread that I had posted about 6mm loads. I typed 6mm into the "keywords" box and it came up "no matches". I know for sure that the words "6mm" have been typed a million times on this site! Also I was looking for a post on the new powder CFE 223. I typed "cfe 223" into the keywords box, and bingo "no matches". After I scrolled to the next page I found it.

What am I doing wrong?

In many instances when a short search string is used that is very common (such as 223 or 6mm) there are just too many posts or threads for the system to handle, so it says, "This is too common a search term and too many results are coming up. Search for something more specific." For instance, I searched for "cfe 223" and got nothing. But adding the word, "hodgdon" gives me a bunch of hits. Still not exactly the best search utility, but it is just about the only failing of this forum software, I think.

I'd like to know as well. I have never had my searches turn up what I deem relevant results. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Back