"Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."

Dr. Vette

Handloader
Apr 16, 2012
Is there actually a limit?

I seem to get the notice above on an irregular basis. The next time I try I can upload with no issues.

Any one happen to know why?

Patrick

So either no one has a clue, or this can't be fixed?

I deleted 2 of my photos but still get this message when trying to upload new ones.

Any ideas?

No idea how or why.
I use photobucket and have no issues.

JD338

I refuse to use PhotoBucket because 90% of the time after a week all you see is the infamous "image deleted" box. It doesn't take much to use your bandwidth from them.

If this forum is going to allow for uploads then it would benefit all of us to know what the limit is for number and/or size of the photos. Given the cheap cost of server storage nowadays many sites just hold the pictures on their server so that they are not lost.

Patrick

I've used photobucket for quite some time. I've never had a photo deleted. I am aware that many of the photo storage sites have potential problems. I do know that I'd be frustrated if I kept getting a message that I was unable to post a photo when I was ready. It does appear to be a common problem for quite a number of people.

Mike,

I just see that infamous empty box when I'm on some forums and see photos not visible 3 days after they're posted. That's enough to turn me off to using that service.

Unfortunately the service I have used for many years is changing and appears that they're going backwards. I'm sure I'll be looking for something new in the future.

Dr. Vette":3o7jbb5i said:
Mike,

I just see that infamous empty box when I'm on some forums and see photos not visible 3 days after they're posted. That's enough to turn me off to using that service.

Unfortunately the service I have used for many years is changing and appears that they're going backwards. I'm sure I'll be looking for something new in the future.

In these instances, they removed the photo from Photobucket, or moved it to another folder. Then, they failed to give the new url on the site. You don't actually post the photo from Photobucket, but give an img url which displays the photo.

DrMike":1fdqp5mi said:
Dr. Vette":1fdqp5mi said:
Mike,

In these instances, they removed the photo from Photobucket, or moved it to another folder. Then, they failed to give the new url on the site. You don't actually post the photo from Photobucket, but give an img url which displays the photo.

I'm aware of how it works as it's the same for the site I use.

However, I'm 98% sure that there is a bandwidth limit for free PB accounts that gets exceeded on larger forums due to the number of views. When this happens, white box results. It happens waaaay to frequently to be moved url's.

Back