I'm gona miss Harry ...

Kodiak

Handloader
Oct 4, 2006
An old Montana cowboy I knew for close to 50 years has passed-on. Harry was 6-4, 300 #, 70 years in age, a cowboy's cowboy. Worked ranchin' in SE montana all his life. Jeanie, his wife, survives.

Harry and I spent many hours settin' on the Montana grasslands, scoutin' for antelope. In later years he couldn't bring himself to kill one, but he always had time to show me around. He was proud of his & Jeanie' place, and well so.

They raised a family there, thru the good and the rough times.

I'd like to have a 1$ for every gallon of coffee we drank together at that kitchen-table.

God rest your soul my friend, Harry.

When an old friend passes, a part of us passes with that one. Their memory lives on through us, but we believe the world to be a poorer place because of their absence. May God comfort his family and temper their grief.

Kodiak,

Sorry for your loss.
Maybe you ought to go check on Mrs. Jeanie and see how she's getting on? I'll bet she'd enjoy having a cup of coffee and talking with a friend.

Vince

Sorry I missed this Jim. I hope Jeanie is doing well and I know you are keeping the old boy in your thoughts.

Vince and all others, thanks guys,

I plan to be turkey hunting near their ranch later this month. JeanieT and I will have some coffee together again.

I can tell you right here and now that it won't be the same without HarryT settin' across that table. But, so be it.

Back