Notice: This site is not mobile friendly, we recommend you download tapatalk for a mobile friendly experience of our forum.

It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:14 pm

Shop Nosler

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Parkland High School shooting
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:39 pm 

mjcmichigan wrote:
Well, read this. Many of you will be speechless. As a CPL and person who carries, when challenged about the need, I quip, I’m not strong enough to carry a cop all day. Well, this story points out, you need to be ready to look out for yourself.
Deputy assigned to Florida school 'never went in' during shooting, sheriff says http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/22/de ... -says.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw this on a couple of news sites today. SMH! Thank you for your kind words.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:20 pm 

I have been struggling with my emotions on learning of this. I was an active shooter instructor, I found the money for our department to buy simunitions equipment to improve our training and stress the officers. More then any other training we documented the failures and turned that into more training.
I know what's it like to have .45 slugs come through the wall, marvel at how much light came through the holes and how far away the shots sounded, when in reality the gun was only about five feet away. I know what it is to be really scared, knowing I might get killed in the next few seconds, but we completed the mission.
Children and school teachers fought evil and died.
This cop failed the kids, failed his community and failed our nation and he failed his brothers and sisters. I have no empathy for him and I realize I'm being quite harsh.
I believe it was Shakespeare who wrote a coward dies a thousand deaths, a brave man but once.
I'm sick to my stomach thinking about what could be. I'm beyond angry.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:41 pm 

+1, versus the guys on the train in Paris.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:09 pm 

This keeps getting worse

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:30 pm 

Yes, now we read that there were three other Broward Deputies outside. Coral Springs PD officers rushed in. An off-duty Coral Springs SGT borrowed an extra vest and secondary gun from a Coral Spring SWAT CAPT who was present. This is nothing less than systematic failure of leadership in the Broward County Sheriff's Dept. Then, this clown had the audacity to boast of how he stood between citizens and bad guys, unlike the NRA.

https://www.redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2018/02/23/watch-off-duty-cop-fl-school-ran-toward-gunfire-others-cowered/

https://www.redstate.com/sarah-rumpf/2018/02/23/three-broward-cops-outside-school-shooting-didnt-enter/

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:18 pm 

This is so disturbing, if the Stories are accurate Coral Springs officers went past deputies.
I'm really wondering about their training. Doesn't seem consistent with NTOA but I've been retired for six years.
The after action report will be interesting reading.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:36 pm 

Been doing some research, the issue was reported by CNN, based on a tip. Seems there may be more to the story.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:17 am 

I missed all that. Continuing to reinforce why should should carry.
Sounds like the Sherriff department needs basic house keeping done. Kudos to CS officers for stepping up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:57 am 

News this morning certainly doesn't appear favourable to Sheriff Israel and/or the FBI. Seems to have been multiple instances of departments dropping the ball. If there is an immediate lesson coming out of these multiple stories being published, it is to be cautious in drawing conclusions immediately after an incident and before details are available. The MSM had an agenda of slagging the NRA, and they thought they had the goods in a Democrat sheriff. Now, it appears increasingly probable that they jumped the shark.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:05 am 

Unfortunately in our liberal State of Washington they just had a knee-jerk reaction & are banning bump stocks ...

http://komonews.com/news/local/state-ho ... ump-stocks

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:50 am 

And raised your taxes, so glad I left King County. Good luck my friend.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:06 pm 

I agree with all of you. I remember gun racks in every pickup truck. School discipline and discipline following at home. And belief in GOD and responsibility. I am 67. When the government took GOD out of schools and discipline out of schools we lost. We lost when we allowed the Federal Department of Education to determine the National standard. We made a mistake denying God, legitimizing killing the unborn (some full term) and selling their body parts. We now have classes for Islamic understanding. When we had corporal punishment in schools we did not have ADD or ADHD. We made a mistake with LGBT and transgender and giving trophy's to the losing teams. Lyndon Johnson's Great Society promoted the proliferation and acceptance and reward for single parent homes. The videos, music (if rap is) and the glorification by the media of abnormal behavior have contributed. We have become a society of excuses. No one is responsible for what they do.

And I'll probably be banned...The God of some religions is most assuredly not the GOD in the BIBLE. There is indeed one GOD. Satan is alive and well and in control in most of the world.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:58 pm 

I cannot imagine being in that incident like that officer and doing nothing. If I only had a stick or a knife I still would have tried to do something. To me it is unimaginable that he did not do anything! There surely are a lot of failures in these horrible senseless murders that helped enable the bad guy to be able to do what he did. The numerous warnings about the suspect and missed opportunities that might have prevented this from happening just keep growing along with mistakes made by law enforcement.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:11 am 

Well said mike I am sure your thoughts a shared by many. It would be a difficult situation at best for many but I cannot imagine an officer of the law hiding while l this went on. Thank you for your words,

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:25 pm 

mjcmichigan wrote:
Well, read this. Many of you will be speechless. As a CPL and person who carries, when challenged about the need, I quip, I’m not strong enough to carry a cop all day. Well, this story points out, you need to be ready to look out for yourself.
Deputy assigned to Florida school 'never went in' during shooting, sheriff says http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/22/de ... -says.html

I've heard that there is the possibility that Peterson and the other deputies were told to stand down by Sheriff Israel. He is anti-gun, anti-CCW, anti-open carry and probably feels only the police and government should have guns. He is originally from NYC I think. He has also stated that none of the video involved might be made public. What's he trying to hide? He is also a big fan of Hillary.
I'm sorry but to my mind something stinks badly about the whole affair and I don't mean just that deputy doing nothing. Something ain't right.
I saw the interview with Tapper and I think he's lying through hit teeth. Just my gut feeling on the whole thing.
Paul B.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:36 am 

My guess is there is going to be more contradictory information than factual information coming out. We've seen plenty of that. Eye witnesses, especially weeks after, can be unreliable, kids are kids.
In time there will be an after action report, at least from the other agencies.
Since Cruz will not be going to trial, at this time, we may have to wait for a civil trial.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:42 am 

Scott Israel did himself no favours by trying to be the darling of the left and attacking the NRA. He would have been well advised to focus on his duties as sheriff rather than raising his profile on CNN and other MSS programs. However, he appears to be a political animal, and political animals must take the increased scrutiny that is inevitable by hungry media. Eventually, they will dig deep enough that any skeletons or slime that has been covered will be exposed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:45 pm 

The retired deputy's lawyer made a public statement today. The lawyer was critical of the sheriff for being so quick to condemn the deputy but then telling the press that they needed to wait for a complete investigation when he was pressed. I smell a big ol' soft wood smoke screen.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:38 pm 

I saw a new clip with the deputy claiming he thought the shots sounded like they were outside...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:25 am 

Just had a school come off of lock down due to a twitter message that there would be a shoting event take place at the school.

After the Free Press publishes exaggerated stories about school shootings the kids starving for attention go crazy, social media is lit up like a wild fire in california.
We have sensor ship for sexually explicit TV movies So why can't the News media be held accountable for spreading and stirring this crap?
You say the constitution protects them with the freedom of speech and I'm all for the constitution but there should be certain controls on how they present the news with out the blatant lies and sensationalism they use to sell more papers and air time.

Most of the kids are reaching out for attention from their parents and will run the gauntlet to get a little recognition.

Here's another question, why would a parent let a nine year old girl have a face book account and then complain when older guys try to pick her up? She shouldn't have been on face book to begin with and I blame the parents for what took place.
Parents need to wake up and get more involved with their children and stop shoving them out of their lives.
I've heard young women in their 30's who were pregnant say that the kid wasn't going to change their life style and they would do what they wanted just like before they had the child.
This is what's wrong with our society, people having children because they want to prove they can because a friend did not because they really wanted a family. Also the need for more welfare money to feed their life style and drug habits.
There are no family values in young people any more.

Okay I'll stop the rant before I get blamed with attacking some one but if the shoe fits wear it!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:47 pm 

You are correct that the 1st amendment protects free speech. It protects free speech even if it is not intelligent free speech, but you can't yell "FIRE" in a crowded theater and be protected. The press in this country only care about promoting an agenda and nothing else. They give these nut cases everything they dream of with the nonstop coverage, and inspire other lunatics to do the same thing. Would be nice if everyone would just turn the media off for 1 week. In my house the TV is never on any news outlets for this very reason.
Our country is on a very scary path and I am not sure it is reversible..
Take care
Ed

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:48 am 

Click on this site and watch this short video by Nick Freitas who is running for a Senate seat. It is well worth a couple minutes to watch. I think he does an outstanding job talking about the gun control issue.

http://nick4senate.com/

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:14 am 

He made an excellent speech. Many of the Democrats, especially members of the VA Black Caucus, got up and left as he spoke at that time. The intensity of disrespect from some who demand respect is astounding. You are correct, David, that was an excellent speech. Tragically, those in opposition are unprepared either to hear what he said or to respond, other than with insults and emotion. There may be some who are equivocating; those can still be persuaded with calm, reasoned speech such as his.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:35 pm 

That was very good, certainly worth the time.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:02 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6XTVuU ... e=youtu.be

This is a discussion by Gov. Bevin and he makes some very valid points on this topic. It's 8 minutes long but well worth it.

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Moderators: JD338, NOSLER, FOTIS, NoslerV, Nosler4 Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next