I'm doing it

jimbires

Handloader
Aug 16, 2011
I've decided to close my garage , and retire . I've been kicking this around for a couple years , but when it got close to the line I drew , I'd talk myself out of it . this time , I couldn't talk myself out of it . it's a bitter sweet thing , I think hurray I'm retiring , then I think this means you're old pal . I've met a lot of super people over the years , and I have a great cliental , I'll truly miss them . the past month has been a very humbling experience . a lot of these guys have been with me from shortly after I opened . most have a story to tell , it's been about like being at a family reunion .

P9020214.JPG

Congratulations, Jim. What plans do you have after you no longer have that schedule to keep? My wife keeps after me to retire. I could have pulled the plug ten years ago, but it just didn't seem right. Well, it gets more appealing to me with each passing day. I suspect that I'll have to make the decision within the next year or two. This whole pandemic affair put a monkey wrench in the middle of my consideration this past year, since it wasn't feasible to go back to the USA. Trust we'll hear of your new ventures as you enter the land of the unemployed.

Congratulations on your bending retirement. I know you will like it and be able to pursue your favored interests. Dan.

Jim,
Congratulations on your retirement. Time to kick back and enjoy life!
JD338

Thanks Fellas , it still hasn't completely sunk in . I've been fretting over this since I seen my ad in the newspaper , that made it real . the last time I was like this is when I quit a decent job to open the garage . that worked out , and this will too . I'll be working well past the Oct 6 date , tying up loose ends , and fulfilling promises . I'm sure I'll be completely finished up by the end of October .

it's going to be a big adjustment for me . I'll be going from 100 mph , to 0 mph . I did it all at the garage , never had a helper . I answered the phone , swept the floor , fixed the cars , and kept the books . the garage gave me something to do 7 days a week . right now I don't have any plans after I'm done . it will be about prime archery hunting time , so I'm planning on spending time hunting . other than that just do as I want . I'll have more time to spend with family . Thanks again Fellas . Jim

Congrats Jim.
After selling the truck I drove the Wife crazy for a while and then she said enough is enough and had a local construction company call me and aske me if I wanted a job. So I went back to work part time driving someone else's truck to keep peace in the family.
That lasted till I had enough and gave up my CDL and then there was no way for the wife to find me another JOB.
Enjoy life in the slow lane you'll be surprised at what really goes on. (y)

truck driver":3loqna1i said:
Congrats Jim.
After selling the truck I drove the Wife crazy for a while and then she said enough is enough and had a local construction company call me and aske me if I wanted a job. So I went back to work part time driving someone else's truck to keep peace in the family.
That lasted till I had enough and gave up my CDL and then there was no way for the wife to find me another JOB.

A guy that has another small garage was talking to Denise , he told her that if I get bored he'll give me a job .

Congrats on your retirement, Jim. I hope whatever comes next is rewarding for you.

I had to Google the name of your shop to see where it was located. Turns out, you're not far from my in-laws. My wife's parents live a little south of Altoona, and she has a sister in Tyrone. Most of her other siblings are in Pittsburgh. Pretty country over there.

bdbrown66":1pu0ojmc said:
Congrats on your retirement, Jim. I hope whatever comes next is rewarding for you.

I had to Google the name of your shop to see where it was located. Turns out, you're not far from my in-laws. My wife's parents live a little south of Altoona, and she has a sister in Tyrone. Most of her other siblings are in Pittsburgh. Pretty country over there.

it's a small world . Denise was born and raised in Altoona . when I met her she was living in Bellwood . it is a nice area to live . the biggest difference between Philipsburg and Altoona is , Philipsburg is about 6 - 10 degrees colder and more snow . LOL thanks Jim

Congrats Jim. Its not hard to get accustomed to having 6 Saturdays and 1 Sunday every week!
Blessings,
Duane

Good luck with your future endeavors, hope you get a chance to enjoy some stuff you’ve been missing out on.

jimbires":18w02qzz said:
truck driver":18w02qzz said:
Congrats Jim.

A guy that has another small garage was talking to Denise , he told her that if I get bored he'll give me a job .
Can't say I didn't tell you the wife would find something to get you out of the house. :lol:

jimbires":3qz992xy said:
truck driver":3qz992xy said:
Congrats Jim.

Can't say I didn't tell you the wife would find something to get you out of the house. :lol:

Back