Vaccine mandate and Nosler

diverdown":3os37oo3 said:
bdbrown66, my feeling on polio coming back is very simple. We now have over one million illegals coming into our country a year. They have no vaccinations, are carrying all kinds of diseases, and are being shoved into all different areas of the country. I'm sure its going to get a lot worse before it gets better. You also have to know that there is a load of them coming in with Covid.
I don't dispute any of that, but...

If it's bad to say that illegals are coming in unvaccinated from Third World countries, what does that say about the anti-vaxxers right here at home? I mean, maybe Juan and Jesus were just tired of government intrusion on their rights.

You see, you can't have it both ways.

I apologize for my response to the bear. When someone who I do not know tells me “I don’t get it” when it comes to freedom or personal choice I look around my place at the flag flying on a pole outside and another one in a shadow box in my living room and I get a little spooled - up. I am so far removed from a “sheep” that it’s laughable. I’m surprised that name calling comes in, that’s usually reserved for crap on Facebook.

If a person wants to invoke change, get involved with your local city or township, school board, etc. Volunteer in a classroom or gym. We tend to look at what goes on in DC and overlook what goes on at home. Be a part of the process. That’s how the Founders designed it. We have what we have now because we sit back and let it happen by finding a group that agrees with us and preach to the choir.

Have a nice day gents. Go shooting, be safe.

gbflyer":2wxlly43 said:
I apologize for my response to the bear. When someone who I do not know tells me “I don’t get it” when it comes to freedom or personal choice I look around my place at the flag flying on a pole outside and another one in a shadow box in my living room and I get a little spooled - up. I am so far removed from a “sheep” that it’s laughable. I’m surprised that name calling comes in, that’s usually reserved for crap on Facebook.

If a person wants to invoke change, get involved with your local city or township, school board, etc. Volunteer in a classroom or gym. We tend to look at what goes on in DC and overlook what goes on at home. Be a part of the process. That’s how the Founders designed it. We have what we have now because we sit back and let it happen by finding a group that agrees with us and preach to the choir.

Have a nice day gents. Go shooting, be safe.
Well-said, GB.

I read a book. The title is STATE OF FEAR by Micheal Chritchton in case anyone might want to read it. There is a segment when one character tells another exactly how governments use fear to control their populations.

fear? I was just a toddler during WW2, at least at the time of Pearl harbor but I could sense the fear my parents had. Try air raid warnings that took place at two or three in the morning, hiding in the basement of our home. The thought that we might be invaded at anytime.

The Cold War, the Russians are coming, the Russians are coming. You know the drill.

Fast forward to Covid 19.It was the description as mentioned in the book, literally as if the book was the written script brought to life. I decided that I would not be afraid of the Coronacrap as I liked to call it. I wasn't when it first showed up and I'm not now.

Vulnerability? Well I'm old, 83 years old to be exact. I'm diabetic, have high blood pressure, and God only knows what else but yet I'm still here and not sick. I'm not taking the jab.

One, me and certain vaccines don't get along. get the flu shot and I'll come down with the flu. Same goes for the pneumonia shot. Every time I've gotten that one I come down with pneumonia. To rely on a vaccine that has not been thoroughly and properly tested is plain outright foolish. It may or may not work. I'm reading too many articles that say it's killing more people than saving. Israel, the highest vaccinated population in the world has something like 60% vaccinated people that have beep hospitalized die of or by complications due to covid19. No was in hell will I take that shot.
Paul B.

Well.
It is 5 am in the morning where I live.
I am just home from a wedding that was postponed because of Corona twice.
We had a hell of a night, because everyone has the shot, so no masks etc.
I don't mind having gotten it to get my life back

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a XL mit Tapatalk

One of the things that concerns me is that this is the first vaccine ever using MRNA technology. Prior to Covid no vaccine using MRNA was authorized for use in the US (Maybe others places as well), and the vaccine makers are immune from liability.

jjs405":2dovf1ur said:
One of the things that concerns me is that this is the first vaccine ever using MRNA technology. Prior to Covid no vaccine using MRNA was authorized for use in the US (Maybe others places as well), and the vaccine makers are immune from liability.

Not to cross sabers with anyone here... but when Congress opens the checkbook wide, amazing things happen when you unleash the full potential of America industry. mRNA had been in a slow trickle of development for years. Covid was the rationale and the U.S. Gov't dollars were the catalyst.

When the US Govt makes something a priority, it happens. For example, we put a man on the moon in just 8 years...with 1960s tech- slide rules and pocket protectors. We'd only put a man in orbit just 20 days before Kennedy challenged America to be on the moon by the end of the decade.

We don't put the full brunt of America at one thing very often- but it's resulted in some pretty spectacular things when we do.

I just found out about this. Seems like positions on the vax mandate in the shooting community spread the board. I don't know if I can continue supporting Hornady by buying their products yet?

My entire family had covid last month, we are all fine. It's unfortunate that a lot of people haven't recovered but my position is that our lives belong to God and it's in his hands. We all die and the timing is not ours. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord....not Joe Biden. If it was Trump or any other president, my answer would still be the same. I'm prepared to lose my job over this and I very well could. Guess what, there's other jobs out there!

desertcj":5hkk2ozx said:
.... that our lives belong to God and it's in his hands. We all die and the timing is not ours. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord....not Joe Biden. .....

Amen!

There's a peace that comes from the Lord & not having to live in fear.

jjs405":muihsoq3 said:
desertcj":muihsoq3 said:
.... that our lives belong to God and it's in his hands. We all die and the timing is not ours. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord....not Joe Biden. .....

Amen!

There's a peace that comes from the Lord & not having to live in fear.
I was born and raised in church, and became a Christian at a young age. I don't fear death, because I settled the question of my future long ago. And I agree, when the Lord says it's time to go, then I'll go.

Having said that...

I don't play in traffic. I don't live recklessly. I try to eat reasonably healthy and get some exercise. I have a few health conditions which require medication and treatment. I don't ignore those things.

I get a flu shot every year. I've had 2 pneumonia vaccines and the shingles vaccine. When I was a kid, I got all the standard vaccines: Measles, polio, diphtheria, smallpox, etc.

Now, I could take a cop-out from doing all of those things and say, "It's in God's hands." Ultimately, it is, of course. But that still doesn't stop me from doing all that I can to live a long and healthy life.

If I were told tomorrow that I had cancer or some other serious illness, I would seek treatment...and I strongly suspect everyone else here would, as well. I doubt that any of us would just sit on the couch and defer to the "It's in God's hands" mindset. And that's not coming from a position of fear, just one of wanting to take reasonable steps to preserve my life here on Earth. And when it's time to go, there isn't anything that can be done to prevent it...and I will wake up at the Pearly Gates.

So, I've been fully vaccinated for Covid since April. Tonight I'm getting my booster shot. Not because I'm afraid, and not because I don't know what my ultimate future holds. But I love my family and friends dearly, and I'd rather stick around for a bit yet. Also, I don't want to be the one responsible for one of them getting sick, for a lot of reasons.

I guess that I should clarify that IMO everyone is perfectly welcome to be vaccinated BY CHOICE. I'm 100% on board with that. I'm not saying that you're not serving God because you chose to get vaccinated. The root of the problem is a man dictating by coercion what everyone "Must" do to their body. Pretty sure I read a story about that and if you grew up in church, you probably have too. I do not belong to Joe Biden, Anthony Fauci, the company I work for or any other human. Life may get harder for me but I'll be OK. "C'mon man", you're gonna have to pound sand on this one Joe...lol

I just don’t understand why some people aren’t getting it. It’s the MANDATE not the vaccine that is the problem. The government has no business making your medical decisions.

Get the shot or not, that’s between you and your doctor. You get to weigh your options and pick your path. What you do is none of my business, your employers business, and definitely not the governments business.

No one saying you can’t get vaccinated, I’m not even saying it’s a bad idea. Weigh your risks and do whatever you think is best.

This an issue of government overreach, plain and simple.

Everyone is so terrified of covid they are missing the point. Just look how they used covid as a smoke screen to crack down on rights.

If health was the governments concern they wouldn’t be doubling the number of IRS agents they would put that money into medical research.

This is about control not covid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hint: Many, many people weren't getting the vaccine before the mandate became a thing. The mandate only arrived in the last month or so.

I told my wife, they should have counted on human nature. They should have announced at the beginning that there was a vaccine which was 90+% effective at preventing you from getting sick with Covid, but it was being given only to politicians in Washington, DC, and everyone else would have to take their chances with ivermectin. The general public from one coast to the other would have been rioting in the streets and demanding that they get a vaccine, too.

bdbrown66":37mkr85y said:
Hint: Many, many people weren't getting the vaccine before the mandate became a thing. The mandate only arrived in the last month or so.

I told my wife, they should have counted on human nature. They should have announced at the beginning that there was a vaccine which was 90+% effective at preventing you from getting sick with Covid, but it was being given only to politicians in Washington, DC, and everyone else would have to take their chances with ivermectin. The general public from one coast to the other would have been rioting in the streets and demanding that they get a vaccine, too.

Lol, you're not wrong except that the truth is probably closer to "a vaccine which was 90+% effective at preventing you from getting sick ENOUGH TO NOTICE with Covid". Nobody gets tested if they don't even feel sick! Doesn't mean they didn't contract the virus or that they aren't spreading it...

bdbrown66":2i1lm0qx said:

Those people were making a decision based on their risk from the vaccine vs covid. That is their right to make that decision.

The fact that you instantly went to lying to the public in an attempt to manipulate them says a lot about you.

Thebear_78":2o3jfddo said:
bdbrown66":2o3jfddo said:

Those people were making a decision based on their risk from the vaccine vs covid. That is their right to make that decision.

The fact that you instantly went to lying to the public in an attempt to manipulate them says a lot about you.

I said that in jest, but it's based on a consistent part of human nature: People always want what they can't have. Envy is a thing.

I'm not sure what that "says about me," other than the fact that I stated the obvious. And if you think that your decision-making is not being manipulated in dozens of ways every day, then I suggest that you don't watch commercials or the news on TV, or go shopping, or visit a car dealership, or listen to a political ad, etc. Unless you live in isolation from literally everyone else, it is a part of everyday life. Sorry to burst your bubble.

I guess if everyone else is doing why shouldn’t you?

I wouldn’t do that because I have character, and know it’s wrong.

Back