Notice: This site is not mobile friendly, we recommend you download tapatalk for a mobile friendly experience of our forum.

It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:30 am

Shop Nosler

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OK, what happened?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:51 am 

OK, what happened? from mid day Saturday until just now I was unable to get in. Kept getting some kind of error message like "ERROR 504" or some similar number. Guess I should have remembered the number. :roll: All I know is the forum had literally ceased to exist.
Paul B.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: OK, what happened?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:21 am 

Same here, it's like the forum is dying now. Not sure what the future holds for this forum but people will start staying away if it isn't fixed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:27 am 

It's embarrassing that Nosler can build world-class ammo but can't keep a danged web server running.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:57 pm 

Just remember we are all guest here and it is a privilege to be able to use this web site.
What happens on the weekends to the server I don't know but every link worked except the custom rifle link and the forum link.
I have a lot of friends here and would like to stay in touch with them. I also like reading about the adventures the members embark upon and how their reloads work in their rifles.

I hope Nosler keeps the web page going and don't let it fall to the side or the members walk away because of the site being down on weekends.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:05 pm 

Being an IT guy myself, it is standard procedure to put up a notice saying that the other is under maintenance, etc. if it's going to be down. At least that way people know what is happening. For it to just not work, in this day and age, is very unprofessional. I'm sure they have the resources to do better.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:28 pm 

gerry wrote:
Same here, it's like the forum is dying now. Not sure what the future holds for this forum but people will start staying away if it isn't fixed.

+1

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:09 am 

Some alternatives, to stay connected with each other when this site is having issues:

If you're on Facebook, Fotis has a Facebook page: The Handloading Center https://www.facebook.com/groups/226658294411169/

Several of us from the Nosler Forum are on there already, and it's fun & interesting.

Also, a good web forum that's been going for quite a while now is Randy Newberg's Hunt Talk:

https://www.hunttalk.com/

Several members of this forum check in there now and again too. I find it's a pretty decent replacement for this forum when I can't get on here. Mostly well mannered folks, and a wide variety of hunting & shooting topics are discussed.

I still log onto 24 Hour Campfire semi-regularly. Some great guys over there, but dang, what a crazy place it can get to be. If the fights & name-calling can be avoided, there's still good content over there. Sometimes though I think it's populated by folks posting from an asylum or two...

Guy

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:43 am 

I don't know but it seems that when it goes down I have to sign back in.
I belong to so many different forums it's hard to keep track of what's going on and the good people I have met on other forums I have tried to steer them here.
I use the 24 Hour campfire to sell things since they have a large community that use it so there is more exposure.
Face Book reaches all over the world and has a large following which gives more exposure.
Most of the sporting goods companies are turning to face book for more exposure.
Weatherby has threatened to turn off their nation forum because of discontent caused by broken promises by the owners and the move to Wyoming.
Web based forums cost money to operate and what we see as free is not, but a privilege.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:12 am 

I am having the same problems as I get in about once in every 3 or 4 tries.
I am on FB and made a number of connections from this site :wink:.
I hope the site continues as I have made a number good friends here (y).

Blessings,
Dan

Whelen is the way

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:06 pm 

Ya, I hope this site continues. We've had a good time here, shared some great stories & knowledge.

Recently an old site I frequented for quite a few years died. I think a few others here used to go to "Handloads" as well, but it is no more. :(

Phooey.

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]  Moderators: JD338, NOSLER, FOTIS, NoslerV, Nosler4