Notice: This site is not mobile friendly, we recommend you download tapatalk for a mobile friendly experience of our forum.

It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:22 am

Shop Nosler

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Best Rocky Mountain State to move to?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:44 am 

jimbires wrote:
over the weekend I saw on the news Idaho was , I think , second highest in homeless . I would have never thought that . I didn't realize Idaho was going through this .

I'm curious where you saw that -- that stat doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Everything I've read suggests our homeless numbers are low in comparison to heavily populated states, and that we're middle of the road when looked at on a per capita basis. It wouldn't surprise me if Idaho ranks towards the top of the list in "rate of increase" in homelessness over a recent period, but that's a lot different than having a huge homeless population. (The influx of people into the Boise and Coeur D'Alene areas the past 2 years is driving housing demand up and rental rates up, putting more low income people out of their homes to make room for the higher-paying influx.) In general, we don't have many high population density areas that tend to fuel homeless problems, and our weather isn't very attractive to homeless folks looking for a place to land.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:28 am 

maverick2 wrote:
jimbires wrote:
over the weekend I saw on the news Idaho was , I think , second highest in homeless . I would have never thought that . I didn't realize Idaho was going through this .

I'm curious where you saw that -- that stat doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Everything I've read suggests our homeless numbers are low in comparison to heavily populated states, and that we're middle of the road when looked at on a per capita basis. It wouldn't surprise me if Idaho ranks towards the top of the list in "rate of increase" in homelessness over a recent period, but that's a lot different than having a huge homeless population. (The influx of people into the Boise and Coeur D'Alene areas the past 2 years is driving housing demand up and rental rates up, putting more low income people out of their homes to make room for the higher-paying influx.) In general, we don't have many high population density areas that tend to fuel homeless problems, and our weather isn't very attractive to homeless folks looking for a place to land.

I watch OAN or FOX news . you could be right on the rate of increase stat . I think they were talking percentage changes .

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:52 am 

Watching this thread with interest....

I'm still a few years out from retirement, but it's not as far off as it used to be. My wife and I both have our eyes on WY as our retirement destination.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:10 pm 

jimbires wrote:

More Fake News and completely untrue:https://www.usich.gov/homelessness-statistics/id

These are 2018 figures, but you'd need another 20,000 to reach what the State of Washington has.

It also ranked 22nd at 115/100K in the US. https://www.statista.com/statistics/727 ... -by-state/

Mississippi has the lowest per capita.

“It is not by muscle, speed, or physical dexterity that great things are achieved, but by reflection, force of character, and judgment.”

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:36 pm 

Well....
Some of it might be fake news, but I have seen a rise in the homeless population in Austin, TX. They're under every bridge, and in Round Rock, TX, there is now a large homeless camp in a wooded area next to several hotels, across the interstate from Dell computers campus.
And, the local news stations have reported that Seattle, and Portland, have been shipping their homeless out to Austin.

I thought that forced relocation of people was illegal? I guess it isn't, depending on which Demorat you ask.
Not to mention, we all know all too well that politicians, namely Demorats, cook numbers to favor their position. And it's amazing how the dead all of a sudden come back to life l, and vote Demorat straight across the board.

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Moderators: NoslerV, Nosler4, JD338, NOSLER, FOTIS Go to page Previous  1, 2