Notice: This site is not mobile friendly, we recommend you download tapatalk for a mobile friendly experience of our forum.

It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:47 am

Shop Nosler

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jeeps, out looking for Elk!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:48 am 

Saturday, eleven Jeeps, a good group of people, and an impressive number of dogs all headed into the Whiskey Dick wildlife area, central Washington. We were looking for fun, beautiful country and elk. Found all three.

Now you heathens! "Whiskey Dick" is the name of the place, I believe after some character in the old days.

We're having an odd winter here in the Northwest - nowhere near as much snow as usual. That said, it sure was nice getting out into the hills & canyons with this group. To keep this somewhat pertinent on a firearms forum, I was armed with my trusty 45 1911, as usual. Didn't bother with a rifle. Here's some photos that I think you might enjoy:

This time of year, it's usually only a few of the younger bulls that stay with the big herds of cows. The big boys go off on their own in little "bachelor" groups. Couple of young bulls in this photo:

Passed near an enormous wind farm:

Came across the remnants of something. I dunno. Doing a little research to see if I can figure out what this used to be. We had lunch near it. Whatever it was... Way out in the middle of nowhere.

Big, open country:

And we made it down to the Columbia River, just barely visible in the photo:

Dirty Jeep of the Day award went to this one:

I spent a good part of the day following this bright orange Jeep:

And here's mine "Stubs"

Long day, and a good one. We all enjoyed. All the Jeeps worked really well too. We had a little snow & ice, lots of mud, and a really rocky route. One of the guys was taking his Jeep off pavement for the first time - he'd owned it 10 years! He was reluctant to air down at first, but did so once we reached the Columbia and was amazed at how much better his Jeep did after dropping the air pressure below 20 psi. I was running 18 on that trail, and likely should have gone lower. It was really rocky!

Regards, Guy

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Jeeps, out looking for Elk!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:46 am 

Excellent photo essay. Thanks for post, Guy. Looks as if success was writ large for the group.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Jeeps, out looking for Elk!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:26 pm 

Well done Guy. Thanks
Duane

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  Moderators: NoslerV, Nosler4, JD338, NOSLER, FOTIS