Notice: This site is not mobile friendly, we recommend you download tapatalk for a mobile friendly experience of our forum.

It is currently Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:29 am

Shop Nosler

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Up Set
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:39 pm 

Can you be upset and happy at the same time?
It seems my family members were exposed to C-19 got sick and survived back before Christmas including my wife and I. My wife and I were told we had a virus and it had to run it's course. Both of us had low grade fevers at the time and cough. The wife still has the cough.
My Granddaughter was infected by a coworker who was tested and found to be positive.
The testing was done to find out what the lady had since the doctor was stumped and there was no testing just for C-19 at that time. We are talking back last Nov.
Both my granddaughter and her husband got the virus and recovered. The woman told her today that she had had C-19 when see was sick back in the winter and tested positive for it.
Our Governor said back in march that the state had been stock pilling supplies for over a month dating back to January.
How could responsible people have let this get so out of hand.
I'm upset but happy that my family members have survived the virus.
Will we get it again or are we immune to it I don't know and I don't want to find out.
I will stay under house arrest till the all clear sounds.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Up Set
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:05 pm 

Wow, you’ve had it, survived and developed antibodies. Well done Roger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:47 am 

salmonchaser wrote:
Wow, you’ve had it, survived and developed antibodies. Well done Roger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks salmonchaser. I think what we had was a milder strain then my granddaughter and her husband and the medication my wife and I take for heart related problems probably helped also since they are to control blood pressure and clotting.
As far as developing anti bodies to protect us I don't know since there isn't much research yet to prove it. They are finding that people who have had it and recovered are still testing positive in Italy and I don't know if we can infect people or spread it.
Too much and too little information at this time.
One of my Doctors had me taking vitamin D to build my immunity system last year and that may have helped also.

The problem is you just don't know what to do to help or protect others and some only care about them selves.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:08 am 

Interesting story Rodger. Back in Mid November of 2019 I came down with a virus that really wiped me out. I had a fever, the worst Sore throat I had ever experienced and a dry cough that drove me nuts. It lasted for three weeks and during the 2nd week I had major respiratory issues. I went to the Doctor and after tests for Strep throat and the flu the Doctor said "I don't know what you have". She eventually gave me one of the Miacin antibiotics and said "let's try this, if it doesn't work we'll work on another antibiotic". After four more days I started getting some relief but it took a full three weeks to get over whatever I had. Things that make you wonder!!!!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:50 am 

diverdown wrote:
Interesting story Rodger. Back in Mid November of 2019 I came down with a virus that really wiped me out. I had a fever, the worst Sore throat I had ever experienced and a dry cough that drove me nuts. It lasted for three weeks and during the 2nd week I had major respiratory issues. I went to the Doctor and after tests for Strep throat and the flu the Doctor said "I don't know what you have". She eventually gave me one of the Miacin antibiotics and said "let's try this, if it doesn't work we'll work on another antibiotic". After four more days I started getting some relief but it took a full three weeks to get over whatever I had. Things that make you wonder!!!!
Sounds like the same thing my wife and I went threw. I think there are more of use around who have had something similar last year that was unexplained.

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]  Moderators: NoslerV, Nosler4, JD338, NOSLER, FOTIS