Coronavirus vaccine

diverdown

Handloader
Apr 29, 2015
I realize this has nothing vaguely to do with our shooting sports but I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were in regards to the coronavirus vaccine and whether they were getting it or not. I've decided to hold off a bit as I'm hearing some negative things from our local frontline responders. I'm 76 years of age with heart issues and supposedly I can get the vaccine first but I'm learning from other senior citizens that applying for any appointment is difficult at best. Any thoughts?

Hearing the same here from Front Line Medical Staff ... No Go ... also, the other half was recently asked if she was going to get the vaccine, she refused to answer as she did not want to get into a verbal argument with them. Turns out they wanted to know because if she did get the vaccine it would screw with her mammogram due to the swelling it causes to the lymph nodes.

No Covid vaccine for this household, or my children's families, or any friends that I have ....

Besides, hard to imagine a disease SO DEADLY that you have to get a test to see if you even have it?!??!?!

my 30 year old son got the moderna vaccine . he got the second dose January 26 . first dose was no issues at all .later in the day , after getting the second dose , he got the chills and shakes . through the night he woke up with his pillow sweat wet , but felt fine . he has felt good since .he said it was no big deal and would take the vaccine again . he works in a fed prison .

My 86 yr old parents had it, no big deal..just another day of being 86.

Both sons had both doses. Medical field. Neither had any issues with either shot. The older one said his coworkers had mild complaints.. sore arm, headache.

My wife and I plan to get them,

For those who’ve don’t no research.

Unlike the flue vaccine which is deactivated virus, this is just the rna( subset of dna) so your body knows how to make antibodies for the spikey Covid19. Getting the vaccine does not increase your risk of getting the virus.

In-laws are mostly anti medicine, they plan to get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m half expecting Canada to require it for border crossing. Not willing to give up great fishing and hunting yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife, my Mother-in-law, and I all got our first shot of the Moderna vaccine two weeks ago. Tina's mom never felt a thing. Tina and I each had a sore arm for about 24 hours. I have had much worse reactions to the other shots in the past. I think they are better than not getting one.

mjcmichigan":7nrkd59b said:
I’m half expecting Canada to require it for border crossing. Not willing to give up great fishing and hunting yet.
Given the way they clamped down last week, I guarantee you they will require it.

I foresee that it will be required for travel to many countries in the not-too-distant future. Just think about that if you plan to visit anywhere but the USA.

I received both doses last month. First dose fine, second had aches, nausea and chills the next day but no fever. Took some Tylenol, went to work anyway. Amongst my partners the side effects to the second dose varied quite a bit.

Wife had both doses, no issues except for the usual immune reaction effect from the 2nd dose. Felt crummy for a day, then fine. She works hands on with patients all day, so she felt it a better bet than not.

We don't know a single front line health worker that turned it down, out of dozens she works with.

My tier will come up in a month or so (essential worker- utility) and I'll likely take it. I usually work alone, but coronavirus is likely to going to hang around for a good long while now.

Due to my line of work in my community I got the first one in January and due for the second on the 15th. Moderna. As above, sore arm for 4 days, chills and fever the second night. There are worse things.

My dad was fashioning his tinfoil hat on the subject, like many others are. He’s 72. I asked him if he would have gotten the shingles vaccine if he’d have known how bad the shingles were gonna get to him (put him down for nearly 6 weeks). He signed up for the Covid shot the next day and gets it tomorrow.

My son got Covid right after Christmas. He’s 25. He still can’t smell anything. My sister got it and damn near died. She’s 53.

gbflyer":g3szg51k said:
My sister got it and damn near died. She’s 53.

Glad you dad got it and sister recovered. Keep an eye on your son. Hopefully he will not be a long hauler...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a medical professional and a COVID survivor, I recommend getting it, especially if you are high risk.

I am very curious about why people are questioning the vaccine. What are your fears? I might be able to offer a unique perspective on vaccine development and complications.

Let's hear about the concerns please.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

My youngest daughter is a nurse. She has been given both doses. First one was a sore arm, second one was tough on her with nausea, chills and fatigue for a couple of days.
Both of our mothers got the first vaccine and we're fine. The second shots are next week.
We are taking Ivermectin and Zinc.

JD338

gbflyer":3aixlpgp said:
My dad was fashioning his tinfoil hat on the subject, like many others are. He’s 72. I asked him if he would have gotten the shingles vaccine if he’d have known how bad the shingles were gonna get to him (put him down for nearly 6 weeks). He signed up for the Covid shot the next day and gets it tomorrow.

I have to admit, I laughed at this one.
I'll have to use it on some patients if you don't mind me borrowing it. :grin:

I got my first dose of the vaccine on Tuesday and have had no issues. I will get my second dose on March 15.

I got both my shots. Moderna. (Front line EMS)

First dose brought on a sore arm. Second dose brought sore arm, chills, muscle aches, and headache.

Really wasn’t too bad.

I will pass since I will generally go to a veterinarian before a “ practicing “ doctor.

Kate Brown and her minions are so screwed up I will probably die of old age before we see any vaccine in Eastern Oregon. That being said If it ever gets here I’ll get a shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back