Satisfying...

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Today I went Jeeping with a young man, his wife and their three kiddos. He took time to show me his new Tikka in 270 WSM. He's got a good job, a 200,000 mile Jeep Liberty, a fine family, and his first rifle.

15 years ago, as a high-schooler, he lived with us for three months, when life was real tough for him.

It's wonderful how well his life has turned out, due to a lot of hard work by him. He asked me to take him bear hunting this fall. I can handle that. :mrgreen:

Guy

What a great opportunity--and you and your wife seized it! Congratulations, Guy. If we never take a risk with those who are floundering, we won't share in any success they may enjoy. And by avoiding any risk, we may just sentence them to a lifetime of failure. Here's to pulling for you guys to find a good bear for the young man.

Great to read Guy.. I believe that you have been a strong inspiration for many in your various rolls in life, including on this forum. Along with Dr. Mike, i wish you fellows a rewarding and memorable bear hunt. Maybe in the future your young friend will follow your lead and take a similar risk if/when the opportunity arises. Best Regards, Rol

Some of your efforts, paid back.... Good to hear. And some new good people in the world. :)

Very Cool Guy! 270 WSM. Seems like there’s a guy or two around here that has an affinity for that one...

270 WSM should be good on black bear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy,

That is a great story! Love those success stories.
The 270 WSM should serve him well.

JD338

I mean this from the heart when I say this Guy..............You are a special one as are quite a few members on this site. Some great folks out there for sure! It should be a great hunt this next fall. I hope he gets a bear. That 270 WSM is already years ahead of the new 6.8 Winchester. Not a lot of difference between the two and the 270 WSM is one great cartridge.

Cool story, Guy. Kudos to you. I hope your bear hunt goes well and the young man can tag one.

What a great story Guy. It’s nice you e gotten to see him turn out. Best of luck to you on your bear hunt! We expect pictures!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy was great that you and your family reached out to this young man when he needed it most. Now you get to see the results of that as well as his determination to better himself. Good job Sir. Dan.

Thats great Guy! Here's to hoping y'all find a bear for him!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back