Dawson Creek resident dies walking home in cold

Yes, this was on the news last evening, and I read it on the NYPost site this morning. It is quite cold now, but it does appear that she had spent quite a bit of time drinking with her neighbour last evening. The walk home wasn't all that far, but apparently, in her condition it proved too far.

I pray for those in town. Warmth and comfort in knowing Jesus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, in this instance, drinking to excess and trying to walk about outside (even though the distance wasn't great) without proper clothing proved deadly. Some of us were lulled into a sort of somnolent state by an unusually warm winter until a sudden, precipitous cold snap a week ago. I was wearing short-sleeve shirts and a vest for most of December and January. That's not a good idea now. The CoVid disaster has taken quite a toll up here as well. Heavy alcohol consumption, heavy drug use, and some serious consequences. Then, you have a funeral and only ten people allowed to attend... People are getting pretty antsy and bitter. Personally, I'm busier than before this crisis began.

Dr Mike. Do you know whether or not she was found nude ? ( paradoxical undressing ) Within 5 to 10 minutes she might have starting feeling hot and begin to undress. Sometimes, "next door" isn't a one minute hike. Regardless--sad.

Did you read about the two B.C. residents that snuck into Yukon for their Covid shots. They got their shots but their return home did not go as planned.

Cheyenne, There is no report of disrobing. Apparently, next door was literally next door since it was here in the municipal limits. It is simply a tragic death. Contributing factors appear to be alcohol consumption and improper dress for the climate.

Yes, I did read about the husband and wife that snuck into Yukon. He is the head of a major gaming facility in Vancouver. Apparently, he felt privileged, so he flew his private plane to Whitehorse and presented as a Yukon resident. We don't anticipate any CoVid shots in this area before summer. Guess we are far enough north and small enough population that we won't receive any attention. Whitehorse, however, is enough of a population centre that they did receive delivery. All fascinating politics.

"Fascinating" is possibly an understatement AND I agree with you --interesting and strange

all three Territories have reported only 400 cases with two deaths, but as of today the residents of all three Territories are scheduled to have BOTH shots before April 1st ( 28 day waiting period between shots )

Granted there are only 120,000 residents in all three Territories

Did you also notice that the Govt has agreed to allow Canadians ( not anyone from the States ) to fly into Whitehorse and transfer directly to an outfitters plane and do their two weeks of isolation while hunting. Most Canadians can not afford the hunt, so thank you but who can afford it ? When questioned they said they were concerned about the outfitters staying in business---NOW they are concerned, where was that concern in 2018 in B.C.

I will crawl back into my hole now. sorry for the rant

Excellent observations, Cheyenne. Government is concerned now? No particular concern in prior years. The Liberals are worried that the PM with nice hair may not carry them to victory in the next election, and that could still come sooner rather than later. The government has certainly bungled the rollout of the shots.

Joining the rant.. I know a lot of fishing camps in Ontario that would have loved a chance to open last year...I fear some will close for good.. they’ve been struggling for a decade or more..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back