Iditarod

mjcmichigan

Handloader
Dec 26, 2016
Anyone know a musher?

Jeremy Traska is a rookie racer this year. His wife has run a couple Iditarods, but this is Jeremy’s first.

I see he’s running 10 dogs, not sure if he started with 14 or something less. I know a day or two before the race, the vet was stitching on of the dogs tails...

The front runners checked in at Iditarod checkpoint. Jeremy was at Ophir checkpoint.

Sounds like to due to COVID19, press coverage is minimal and not on the trail. They do have a non racing team on the course taking pictures...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know several of them. Interesting folks is the best way to describe them, some of the most determined people on earth.

Of course, I live pretty close to Two Rivers, the epicenter of long distance dog mushing in the U.S.

My favorite musher, Aliy Zirkle, scratched after a nasty fall coming into Rohn and a suspected concussion.

have met several but know

michelle and marcella the best

michelle is currently 9th and unfortunately marcella is out, which is unfortunate a this was her last race

Thank you! I was wondering what happens to Ally Zirkle. I saw references her team was ok, but no mention what happened.

Definitely a determined group of athletes (dogs and mushers).

Hear a lot of the dogs are struggling to eat and keep it down.. some sort of doggie flu...

Red lantern is out. Course cleared.

Dallas Seaver was the winner in 2021.

Back