Sargent In The House

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
Yep we have a Sargent in the house.
My grandson came home for Easter and to tell us he was promoted to E5.
We are all very happy for him.

Very Nice Rodger, congratulations to your grandson and his/your family. Thank him for his service to our Country and may God keep him and all others in the palm of His hand in the future.

Congratulations to your grandson. I thank him for his service.

JD338

My Grandson and I thank everyone for their comments and he is looking forward to getting deployed in the fall of this year when the next rotation comes around.

USMC: Age 19: Best (and worst) days of my life, but I wouldn't trade any one of the days for ......whatever. I learned responsibility/accountability the hard way. Glad I never made Staff. Went straight to WO, so I wish the best for your young hard charger !

Congrats to your grandson buddy! Sergeant is a big darned deal. Becoming an NCO and mentoring others is a heckuva responsibility!

SJB358":3vugr4yb said:
Congrats to your grandson buddy! Sergeant is a big darned deal. Becoming an NCO and mentoring others is a heckuva responsibility!
Thanks Scotty and he was on the fence with reenlisting when this came up and a chance to deploy.
I'm thinking he will end up in the middle east but don't know for sure and he doesn't either for the time being.
He wants to be a intel analyst on the Presidents staff and has the head for job so deployment is a must have experience for him.
I think he is going to make a career out of it but don't know for sure just yet though he is headed in that direction.

When I made Sargent they put me in charge of a platoon which was a lot of responsibility for a Buck Sargent and as soon as I had enough time in grade they gave me my Rocker and made me a Staff Sargent. I was up for SFC when I got out.

That’s pretty cool Rodger. Glad he is liking the work.

Sounds like he’s doing well. Lots of opportunities if he wants to put in the time.

SJB358":ukewnjtd said:
That’s pretty cool Rodger. Glad he is liking the work.

Sounds like he’s doing well. Lots of opportunities if he wants to put in the time.
He has been reassigned to an infantry unit that needed an NCO but still doing his same JOB just has to train his new crew before they go. His home unit will be in Kuwait just next door.

Vince":3fy3qr9g said:
Happy belated congratulations to your grandson, Rodger.

Vince
Thanks Vince always better late then never.
Hope your doing well it's been a while since I heard from you.

truck driver":1j817hol said:
Vince":1j817hol said:
Happy belated congratulations to your grandson, Rodger.

Vince
Thanks Vince always better late then never.
Hope your doing well it's been a while since I heard from you.
Yeah.
Had to drop out for a minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back