Big weekend, and the knees know it

mjcmichigan

Handloader
Dec 26, 2016
Saturday, our shotgun club had our annual Gentleman’s Cup. It’s a side by side tournament, no single barreled or Over/under shotguns. No rules on one vs two triggers. Weather was perfect, so of course, there were complaints about the sun making it hard to find the occasional bird. We had a 100 bird sporting clays course set with 15 shooting stations. Turnout shattered records. 55-60 is normal and on this day we had 93 competitors. Lunch is normally grilled, but with COVID rules enforce, we had deli wraps from a local polish deli(they make great meals!)

I’d guess 30% of the competitors dress in English gentleman and gentlewoman garb. It was pretty cool.

The winner shot a 96 out of 100 and we had a couple registered shooters attend. Winging youth was a 7th grader that shot an 88. Yes, he beat his father and grandfather.

My job was to great them on arrival and help them park. We had 76 cars on the property.. another record. A

I don’t know if any out of state shooters attending. We had several drive more than 2-3 hours to attend.

Sunday, was heavy yard work. Chain saw work. I had a three leaning about 25 degrees towards the house and deck. I cabled it up, but as much tension on it as I dared, made a favorable notch/switch (in several incremental slices as I had a load on the tree. Went back to the winch and tightened it again.... then came the back cut towards the switch.. started closest to house and deck... slowly taking a little and stopping looking for hints of movement..shortening my long winded story, the tree fell exactly in the only place it could go and not make me trouble.. the res of the day was cutting and hauling...

Knees are pretty unhappy. Started physical therapy and the PT was happy. Surprised at the muscle mass in my legs, said most my problems are related to short tight muscles, probably from walking around the knee issues.. I know the exercise for stretching help my mobility a lot... about four more trees to drop. All have element of dicey ness to them. So won’t cut them when my wife is home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forgot to mention I got some range time with the 22-250 and 300WSM.

They shot better than me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back