NY Visitor

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
I had the great pleasure to meet one of our members yesterday who resides in NY.
Several weeks ago NY Dan contacted me that he would be passing thru the area and wanted to know if we could get together for lunch and I agreed and looked forward to meeting with him.
He was traveling to see relatives and friends and would be passing with in an hours drive of my location. We had originally planned to meet at one of the favorite Sea food restaurants on the Eastern Shore of MD since he was headed to southern Delaware.
Unfortunately his relative was ill and suggested they try another time so a change in plans was made and Dan with his wife Tina came to my house instead and while they were here my wife fixed lunch for them.
You can imagine the conversation that evolved around hunting and reloading and the natural charms of the Southern Tier of NY where I spent a lot of time when I owned my Trucking company.
After lunch I helped Dan map out the next leg of his trip to South Carolina since his trip plans and routes were changed.
Thanks for stopping by Dan it was great meeting you and your wife Tina.

That was a great experience, without a doubt. Dan is a gentleman and Tina is a gracious lady. It is always a pleasure to hear of the interaction as members of the forum find ways to connect.

Roger,
So glad you got to meet up with Dan and Tina.
They are great people! I can only imagine how the time flew by during your visit. ;)

JD338

Rodger, where in the southern tier.

I had a house in Apalachin 85-89.

East of owego and west of vestal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rodger and Jane were wonderful hosts and Jane is a fantastic cook. Many thanks to Rodger and Jane for a great lunch and terrific conversation. Due to Rodger's driving experience he was able to provide us with some great intel on our route. 100% accurate with information and driving times. We are safely in SC now.

Rodger and Jane demonstrated great flexibility in adapting to our changing travel plans.

It was a great experience for us and I can't say enough good things about Rodger and Jane. Great people!

Dan

Thanks for the kind comments Dan and I'm glad you enjoyed our brief time together.
The wife will be happy to here you liked her chicken and dumplings.

Dan should you choose to travel the Sky Line drive route on your return trip I do believe you can get on it off of I-77 right after you cross into VA. It has been a while since I have traveled that area and been 40yrs since I was up on the drive and it was quite primitive as for accommodations then.
Good luck and safe travels on your way home.
You can spend a whole week driving on it and never see everything there is to see.

Back