D-Day, June 6 1944

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
A long time ago, and far away, but let's not forget what our soldiers accomplished on that Normandy beach.

With Respect.

Guy

The men who landed on the beaches of Normandy were assigned a great task, and they stayed at the task until the job was done. We can all be proud of our fathers and grandfathers for performing well and fulfilling what must have surely appeared to many to be an impossible task.

Guy Miner":1984f8gi said:
A long time ago, and far away, but let's not forget what our soldiers accomplished on that Normandy beach.

With Respect.

Guy

Amen to that. If those men had not been successful the world would be a much different place today. Their sacrifices (and the sacrifices of their families) need to be appreciated.

Dan

many years ago prior to becoming a Police Officer I worked for the Electrolux Vacum
cleaner company. My Boss was a D-day veteran and had received a couple of wounds while coming across the beach. His comment was " I don't know how we made it but in retrospect we knew it was for the right thing ." The fellows I worked with fought in New Guinea, Germany, and a host of other areas. Fascinating to listen to their experiences.

Back