nice old car

jimbires

Handloader
Aug 16, 2011
about 8 years ago I put this car together . the frame was carried in , and the rest of it was brought to me in boxes . it took me about 6 months , during winter , to get it all assembled . I'd do what I could then get it to the body shop for him to get some work done . then I'd get it back and get what I could . the car was between me and a body shop many times that winter . I've had it here for a month or so , I just haven't had the time for projects . I put a fuel injection kit on it , he wants some other things too . thought you guys might enjoy a nice old car .
P6060084.JPG

P6060089.JPG

P6060091.JPG

P6060087.JPG

P6040079.JPG

I also have a 1960 in . I rebuilt the carb , and he wants me to give it a good look over . this one could use a little TLC , but it's a good solid car .

P6060094.JPG

P6060096.JPG

Really nice! Thanks for sharing. I love the old cars, but I'm a mediocre mechanic. And - getting back into "cool cars" is pretty danged expensive.

I've been to a couple of car shows in the past week or so. Mind if I pop just a few photos onto your post?

Guy

Guy Miner":16yok317 said:
Mind if I pop just a few photos onto your post?

Guy

Guy , sure go ahead and post some up , I think we all like old cars . I have a pile of pics on photobucket of this car when I was putting it together . I also have pics of a bunch of different old cars , that I've worked on over the years , these are also on photobucket . I'll be getting a gorgeous 1960's Ford truck in , in the not to distant future , I'll snap a few pics of when I have it and post them up .

Those are both just awesome but man I have a soft spot for the 60. I’m glad to see this post, just started resurrecting my 72 javelin and it’s great motivation to see what others have going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice Jim! I am a fan of classic cars and horsepower too.

JD338

Man alive, that '57 does bring back a few memories for me. Didn't own a '60, but I did drive a '67 Impala which managed to bring me all the way to Canada after serving me for a long while in Kansas and Dallas. You've done some lovely work on the '57.

the '57 is really a nice car . it's as nice underneath , as it is on top . the paint is beautiful . he has wanted fuel injection added , and he should have done a couple things while I was putting it together , now we are doing them .

the '60 is a car that has never left the family . it has 46,xxx miles on it .

I wish photobucket didn't highjack my pics , I have a pile of old cars I've worked on . I'd post some daily .

MMann , I went to school with a guy that had an AMX , I think it was a 1970 . it was orange , I think it had a flat black hood . I'm not sure how easy AMC parts are to get , so be sure you can get what you need . it's no fun having to make , or make do , with stuff you can't buy .

here's a few more for you .

P6060093.JPG

P6060095.JPG

P6060098.JPG

P6060099.JPG

You do awesome work, the Chrysler is one you don’t see a whole lot and it’s really cool to know the history on the 60. Yes, amc parts are getting better to find but still definitely not the big three. Luckily I’ve had 4 different parts cars over the years. If you don’t mind maybe at some point I’ll throw a couple pics up. Between that and my 56 New Yorker I’ve got my hands full. Lol.

Nice looking 57. You do really fine work. The interior color reminds me of one my Brother in Law had when I was a kid. My sister drove it from WV to Fort Riley KS when he got stationed there and then back home. Dan.

I'm glad you Fellas are enjoying the pics . they bring back memories .

to all you guys ;
yes , please add your pics to the thread . I'd like to see them .

I didn't remember getting pics of the Ford truck I mentioned above, I found a few . the pics don't do this truck justice . the owner has a saying about this truck . " built Ford tough , with chevy stuff " it has a chevy motor and trans . the truck is copper color , it kind of looks red in the pics .

P7111803.JPG

P7111804.JPG

P7111805.JPG

adfaa34da1d91dc5ae529ae19d4b09a1.jpg

She’s a little worse for wear after a long time of neglect, getting it pulled around and in the shop this weekend with any small amount of luck.

2cf6add9787eb4acbb8db1bb8866e262.jpg

This one in line after the javelin. Might have everything done by the time I’m 100

MMann , that's how a lot of restored cars are found . you're right , it takes a lot of time and patients to get one finished up . good luck on the projects .

Clover leaf , that's a nice old car . the big wide whitewalls , Dad loved them . He had a '51 merc .

a '66 vette , bought new . I did the engine in it 25 years ago . he sold it 3 or 4 years ago . good solid car needed TLC .

'69 camaro , nice clean car . the guy used it for street / strip . I haven't seen this car for a few years . I did mostly chassis work , to aid drag racing .

P4030206.JPG

P4030207.JPG

P4030208.JPG

P4030209.JPG

Back