Ceramic Turkey Call Going To A New Home

hunter24605

Handloader
Apr 30, 2016
I made this ceramic turkey call in Bubinga wood about 6 years ago. Bubinga is an African hardwood that looks a lot like rosewood. It's been a shelf decoration since I finished it. My daughters fiance fell in love with it several months ago..I think it's time to pass it on to him so it'll see some woods use..It sounds really great and the cool thing about ceramic is you can get it soaking wet and it'll keep calling without loosing any sound quality.

Attachments

• bubinga Ceramic.jpg
    bubinga Ceramic.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 661
That is an excellent gift. It is certainly a handsome accoutrement for the turkey hunter.

Really nice gift.

My wife laughs at me about my lust for turkey calls.. truth be said I can normally make any call get the job done, but man, it’s fun to learn all the nuance of surfaces and strikers … and validation… a successful turkey hunt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjcmichigan":3atuhluv said:
Really nice gift.

My wife laughs at me about my lust for turkey calls.. truth be said I can normally make any call get the job done, but man, it’s fun to learn all the nuance of surfaces and strikers … and validation… a successful turkey hunt!

Some of the worst sounding turkey calls I’ve heard have been from actual turkeys..in the spring, when “their sap is up” a car horn will provoke a gobble.

My first Tom gobbled to a goose. Hit a box call hard one time. No response, but 5 minutes latter, he popped out at 5 yards.. so close I was worried I could miss!

Back