Thanksgiving in Canada

DrMike

Ballistician
Nov 8, 2006
Today is Thanksgiving in the Great White North. Of course, it is an official holiday, so things will be quiet on many fronts. Here's wishes for a blessed and joyous day with family and friends for those who are celebrating the day in Canada. I'll be putting a turkey on the Traeger in a short while. My wife and I are feeding six grandchildren and their spouses, and one great grandson. They all have presumptive COVID diagnoses, so we've been taking them dinner every other evening and whatever they may need on alternate days. My daughter was flown out to Vancouver where she is in ICU on a ventilator. We're just grateful that she is receiving the care she needs and that we are able to help the grandchildren. We're grateful that we have grandchildren and that we are healthy and able to be available for them. God is good and our hearts are full. Now, on to the cooking--spatchcock turkey, roasted and dressed sweet potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts and whatever else we can manage by evening.

First off Happy Canadian Thanksgiving.
I hope pray your Daughter has full recovery from the Covid virus and your family stays healthy and safe.

Sorry to hear of so many cases of Covid in your family Mike. Prayers and best wishes for your daughter and I hope your Thanksgiving dinner turns out fabulous.

Dr Mike, I give thanks for the blessings your family has been to so many! Your ministries are a labor of love.

I’ll be praying all Canadians are enjoying a wonderful thanksgiving day, and I’ll be praying especially for your daughter and the medical staff.

Happy Thanksgiving Canada!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy Thanksgiving. Praying for the Lord’s healing hand for your family.
Blessings,
Duane

Happy Thanksgiving to all our Northern neighbors.
Mike, your daughter is getting the best of care. We will keep her and your entire family in our prayers.

JD338

Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes for our daughter. She is stable, though critical at the moment. We are hoping they can wean her off the ventilator over the next week. It appears that the primary problem was poor administration of the airvo at the local hospital, inducing pneumonia and pulmonary emphysema.

Thanksgiving cooking is coming along nicely. The brussel sprouts are prepared and ready to be roasted together with the sweet potatoes. The turkey is basted and smoking on the Traeger right now. All should be delivered in about two hours. Otherwise, it is a beautiful day in paradise.

Hey no fair tempting us on the Alaska side with smoked Turkey with more than a month to go![emoji1]. We shall keep your family in our prayers.

Praying for recovery and health for your family! We trust in his mercy and healing and pray for courage and strength. Sounds delicious! Hope you had a good day! CL

After delivering the meals to all the grandchildren, my wife and I enjoyed a well-deserved repast in the quietness of our home. Two of the households informed us that their quarantine would be officially over tomorrow. That just leaves our granddaughter and her husband and our great grandson in quarantine. No real improvement for my daughter. It seems to be touch-and-go at the moment. Still, it has been a good day, everything considered. The smoked turkey turned out quite good, as it has each time I've made it.

Prayers my good man and may God heal your family and bestow many blessings upon you all.

Vince

DrMike":z6wmw74i said:
After delivering the meals to all the grandchildren, my wife and I enjoyed a well-deserved repast in the quietness of our home. Two of the households informed us that their quarantine would be officially over tomorrow. That just leaves our granddaughter and her husband and our great grandson in quarantine. No real improvement for my daughter. It seems to be touch-and-go at the moment. Still, it has been a good day, everything considered. The smoked turkey turned out quite good, as it has each time I've made it.
Will keep lifting you all up in prayer.