New member intro

RL338

Handloader
Mar 23, 2017
Can't seem to find it , but this board seems to get the traffic. I have been a long time follower of this site but never found time to join. I do have membership in other sites but time is something I can nver find enough of until now , I had surgery so I'm laid up for a few weeks. I enjoy reloading for myself , my son and dauther , and my brother , maybe this is why I have no time :grin: . I enjoy hunting whitetail in our state but luck is never on my side lately. Calibers I load for range from 223 Rem. to 43 Spanish(something I just started for my brother). The 30-378 Weatherby has been my pride and joy for the past several years , but now I've taken aliking to the 338 Lapua I bought last fall. My 7mm08 S2 Vanguard is right up there to. Thanks for having me.

Welcome aboard.

We like pictures of rifles, shots fired, and animals taken! Scotty

Again, welcome aboard. Glad to see your posts. Looking forward to hearing more about your work with the various cartridges. The old 43 Spanish should be something unique today.

Thanks for the welcome. DrMike you are right about being unique. My brother bought it at a garage sale for $150. It is a Remington No. 1 rolling block. He was told it was an 45/70 but the chamber was way bigger. He lended up doing a chamber cast and researched it to come up with it. The rifle shows its age he just want to shoot it and try it hunting this year. I'm using Jamison brass and Accurate 5744 for a smokeless load. I'm using .439 cast bullets I found online. Load is still in developement , but is fun to shoot something that old.

Welcome aboard! I'll be watching/listening if you comment on a 30-378. I have a friend whose got a Accumark V on order in that Caliber

Good luck on your recovery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum! A bunch of real good people here.

That 43 Spanish sounds interesting.

Welcome aboard, nice to have more input on a great site.. Good luck with a speedy, smooth and complete recovery from your surgery..

Welcome. Nice to see another cheesehead on the site. Lock your wallet up and cut your credit cards, these guys are good at spending your money.

Oh, come on, WT, we haven't spent any of your money in... oh, let's see... Hey! You're 'bout due. :lol:

Welcome. This community is special. From the kind gentlemen and special ladies, there is a plethora of knowledge and experience. I expect you will enjoy your time here at least as much as I do.

Heal quickly!

Thanks again. Today I picked up my Howa barreled action (6.5 Creed.) from the FFL. I had a Hogue stock laying around that didn't work well on my 223 , so I dropped it in to put in safe. A Bell & Carlson Medalist will be bought when the time comes. Still need rings , base , brass , bullets , and dies. Budget is short now so it is going to be awhile before I get ready.IMG_0618.JPG
Nothing pretty but it is a start. This is rifle #12.

Back