Nosler Blem Bullets

HHI6818

Beginner
Feb 24, 2015
I buy a lot of Nosler Blem bullets in several calibers and they are accurate! July 4'th week we went to our WV property and set steel targets our. I load the Nosler 240 gr HP
In 445 Super Mag (2100+) FPS. After a little scope adjustment, ok a lot of scope adjustment I was hitting the 280 yd plate.
Next I shot my 14 inch 338 Whisper Contender pistol. Recently I installed a set of Burris Signature Zee rings with -.020 insert in the front and +.010 in the rear.
I load the Nosler 338 HP competition 300 grain bullet @ 1040 FPS.
Had to come up 2 full revolutions on the elevation to hit the 280 yd target. -:)
Just when you think you missed the target you hear CLANG. Moved to the 330 yd target and used Kentucky elevation. Took a few shots to figure out holding top of T post resulted in CLANG!!!

Fun! Very cool cartridges you're messing with. I've never loaded for either of them!

Agree with you about the Blem bullets. They shoot very well!

Congrats on some nice shooting.

Guy

Although I always wonder about those "blems" that have no visible blemish, the accuracy results that I've seen suggest that they are 1st quality bullets.

Yesterday, I was shooting the 250AB (blems) in my 338 RUM. I took 4 shots at a 2.5" orange dot at 400yds. All 4 bullets were touching that dot. That's actually better than I would have expected from the regular production ABs.
FWIW - I always hunt with regular production bullets but doubt that it's necessary.

Re the blems. I had one problem, years ago. I think before "shooters pro shop" existed. Bought some 168 grain .30 cal blems. I was hot and heavy into NRA Highpower Competition then, and also working as a SWAT sniper.

I loaded my own practice ammo in those days. Ordered some "blems" to keep the cost down.

ONE of them had a visible defect in the bullet jacket. It had a long mark, like a fold, down the length of the bullet. Out of curiosity I loaded it anyway. Fired it at a target, and instantly could hear a "whirring" noise from the bullet. Then it flew apart in mid air! I think there was a defect in the jacket and it essentially unwrapped itself in flight.

That experience, maybe 10 - 15 years ago, is the ONLY time I've had a Nosler "blem" give me any problems, and I've tried 'em many times in several calibers. I'm a huge believer in the blems and over-runs advertised on Nosler's "Shooters Pro Shop." Frankly I wish it wasn't as well known as it is. I've picked up, or had delivered: bullets. ammo, even a reloading press!

Good stuff.

Guy

I NEVER tell any of my shooting/hunting buddies I'm shooting SPS bullets. All they know is that I'm a Nosler Snob, have been for 30 yrs. For the life of me I can't tell one whit of difference between the 'retails' and the seconds. The QA must be microscopic.

Before I get done with the couple 'K I have on hand, I'll probably be guarding the pearly gates.....

I've shot Nosler and Hornady blem/2nds as will as their 1sts and cannot see a pinch of difference on game or on paper. I would also shoot Sierra's blem/2nds but they are only available at the factory store and they don't ship.

Back