Old School 300 Powders

SJB358":3lnh1sqq said:
75-76 of RL22 with a 180 Partition of AccuBond seated accordingly has always performed well. At least out of the few 300 Wins I’ve owned and a few more for friends. It’s darned near perfect for use with about anything you can load in a 300. I’d bet money when you come up to pressure it’ll be more impressive.
Yeah I have a problem with giving up on some of the newer powders before I find out what they will do because I know how the old stuff works for me.
The bottle R22 I have I bought for the 300Bee I sold to Fotis for one of his friends and found IMR4350 worked best in it for me use a old Weatherby reloading guide which some one shared with me.
I think Bill and I were cut from a similar mold when I comes to reloading. :)>)

Trust me, if Bill thinks something is better, he will definitely try it. Don't let that Old Goats age fool you. If he thinks it'll advance his elk killing abilities, he has 0 issues getting one..

Either way, about now were splitting hairs since you have two or three loads that are shooting excellent, anything beyond what you have right now is just extra.

I will have to look and see what I have for 200 grain Partitions. 200 Partitions and 2900+ in a 300 Magnum is what BG rifles are made of in my opinion. Nothing on our side of the world and I have no experience, but I'd imagine very little will can't be seduced into a backpack with them. They are drills of a bullet! Usually very accurate as well.

SJB358":4e9qobw1 said:
Trust me, if Bill thinks something is better, he will definitely try it. Don't let that Old Goats age fool you. If he thinks it'll advance his elk killing abilities, he has 0 issues getting one..

Either way, about now were splitting hairs since you have two or three loads that are shooting excellent, anything beyond what you have right now is just extra.

I will have to look and see what I have for 200 grain Partitions. 200 Partitions and 2900+ in a 300 Magnum is what BG rifles are made of in my opinion. Nothing on our side of the world and I have no experience, but I'd imagine very little will can't be seduced into a backpack with them. They are drills of a bullet! Usually very accurate as well.
Yes, 75.5 of 22 yields 3,080 w/ very little SD. sub inch 3-shots. I would use the 200 for the elk,bear,moose as well in the .300. Partition would be my choice if I could ever put the >338WM down !!!

I have a 8lb unopened jug of 7828ssc I will sell you for a awesome deal. You ever in northern PA hit me up and I’ll meet up sompleace..

jezzolo":1x4oxph9 said:
I have a 8lb unopened jug of 7828ssc I will sell you for a awesome deal. You ever in northern PA hit me up and I’ll meet up somplace..

What part of Northern Pa are you in? I usually run up the 81 to Binghampton to my families home.

SJB358":wg1q9u0w said:
jezzolo":wg1q9u0w said:
I have a 8lb unopened jug of 7828ssc I will sell you for a awesome deal. You ever in northern PA hit me up and I’ll meet up somplace..

What part of Northern Pa are you in? I usually run up the 81 to Binghampton to my families home.

West of 81. Bradford pa along the Pa/ny line.

jezzolo":2o54wo1n said:
SJB358":2o54wo1n said:
jezzolo":2o54wo1n said:

West of 81. Bradford pa along the Pa/ny line.

Okay, I know right where you're at. I'll be coming up through this evening or tomorrow morning. Depends on this Northern Va traffic.

Scotty, I don't want to get in the way of a good deal on powder but Bradford (McKean county) has to be three hours or so from 81. Bradford County is much closer.

Bradford is home to Zippo lighters, Case knives, and what seems to be the coldest temps in PA. I'm not sure I can remember seeing a temp map of the state where Bradford wasn't posting the lowest digits.

Does 219 go threw Town? If it does I've been there and yeah its about 2-3 hrs from Binginton NY over on the western southern tier near Jamestown NY . :)>)

H4350 is still the most accurate powder I have tried in the 300 win mag. 70gr with the 180gr Protected Point Partition. 71gr with the Speer 180gr hotcore. For the 200gr Partition RE22 has proven to be good. I used to try for the highest velocity and accuracy. Now I just kill stuff with the boring bullets at good velocity.

Back