Problem - 28 Nosler !

frankm":1v1ti53n said:
Factory Nosler Custom, 175 ABLR, stuck same or slightly worse than Retumbo loads. Friend has been in contact with manufacturer and rifle went back today I believe.

He also talked with Mike S at Nosler technical services and according to Mike they ve been having issues with other Fierce owners and not just in 28 Nosler.

Hopefully this will be made right as that rifle wasn't in-expensive.

Did see scratches on fired brass from just above the web to mid case... that may be the cause of the problem. Not seeing any marks on my rifles fired brass in this area!

I have the same problem with my cousins new fierce carbon rifle 28nosler factory ammo to day first time out case stuck and we had to use a cleaning rod to knocks it out
What do you thing. He just bought 8 boxes. Ouch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up a Fierce Fury in 28 nosler this spring. Bought a box of Hornady factory ammo to break the barrel in. 95% of those cases stuck. I contacted Fierce and they thought it was Hornady's brass?? So i picked up 2 boxes of Nosler brass and started some ladder loads. The best group I could get was 1.5", far from the 1/2" MOA guarantee! I was using the 160 gn Accubonds. So I picked up a box of Nosler Factory 160 accubonds, the best 3 shot group was .654" still not per Fierce guarantee. So I sent the rifle back to Fierce. They developed a hand load for the rifle and sent it back with two targets under 1/4" MOA.. The load was 78 Grains of H1000, 160 Gn Accubonds set .107" off the lands and Bertram brass.
I have been loading my original Nosler brass to the specs given by Fierce and have been having some great results, including a couple of .191" groups.

Update:
Friend sent his rifle back and said refund or fix it. Fierce returned it 2 weeks later and said they 'polished chamber'. It's extracting fired cases, all brands, fine now.

I sent Hornady brass to Hornady and Nosler brass to Nosler from the non extracting lots. Nosler said that we were the 8th party with 28 Nosler Fierce rifles having problems and Mike at Nosler Tech told me he had fired brass from all 8 rifles. Said the scratches in the cases were all in the exact same area and believes it was a worn reamer/reamer problem. Said other guys he spoke with who sent rifles back also ended up with polished chambers and rifles then extracting fired cases.

I measured some cases fired with extraction problem vs ones fired after polishing by Fierce which extracted fine and case in front of web was .002 larger. Sharing this in case others run into problems. Would of been nice if Fierce would of asked for gun back right up front instead of blaming Hornady and Nosler brass. BTW, Hornady checked out a couple of unfired brass out of the Lot that was sticking and their hardness test of said brass was 180 and right where they want it.

After all this jumping through hoops I will say that 77 1/2 grs of Retumbo and a 180 ELDM printed a 1" 3 shot 300 yard group so the gun wants to shoot. Just unfortunate that so much time and excuses that to be plowed through.

Good Luck to anyone else with this problem and hope this summary is helpful.

frankm":2ccwserc said:
Update:
Friend sent his rifle back and said refund or fix it. Fierce returned it 2 weeks later and said they 'polished chamber'. It's extracting fired cases, all brands, fine now.

I sent Hornady brass to Hornady and Nosler brass to Nosler from the non extracting lots. Nosler said that we were the 8th party with 28 Nosler Fierce rifles having problems and Mike at Nosler Tech told me he had fired brass from all 8 rifles. Said the scratches in the cases were all in the exact same area and believes it was a worn reamer/reamer problem. Said other guys he spoke with who sent rifles back also ended up with polished chambers and rifles then extracting fired cases.

I measured some cases fired with extraction problem vs ones fired after polishing by Fierce which extracted fine and case in front of web was .002 larger. Sharing this in case others run into problems. Would of been nice if Fierce would of asked for gun back right up front instead of blaming Hornady and Nosler brass. BTW, Hornady checked out a couple of unfired brass out of the Lot that was sticking and their hardness test of said brass was 180 and right where they want it.

After all this jumping through hoops I will say that 77 1/2 grs of Retumbo and a 180 ELDM printed a 1" 3 shot 300 yard group so the gun wants to shoot. Just unfortunate that so much time and excuses that to be plowed through.

Good Luck to anyone else with this problem and hope this summary is helpful.
Got my cousins 28 back from fierce they said the fired 20 shots nothing stuck
I told them polish it any way
Got it back and the lot of ammo we have stuck about every 3 cases
So we sent the ammo back to nosler and they are sending us a new lot of ammo and so far nothing sticks
The head stamp on the bad stuff had bigger print
d37981ffe9b18c03a590646667d3b5b7.jpg

It’s the top one that stuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back