How do I stop?

Xbolt270

Beginner
Jan 10, 2021
I finally have 14 boxes of 160 grain partitions for my .270 for my upcoming moose hunt. I think I may finally have enough. 670 rounds should be good for one moose, right (saving 30 for practice, of course)?

On a COMPLETELY unrelated note, do you guys have any suggestions to help a guy stop buying reloading components? Asking for a friend.

650 , watch out moose
You want to stop buying , go on Gunbroker look up going prices for your favorite supplies that’ll do it

Dude, I think I would have loaded up something a bit cheaper for range time, and saved those Partitions for hunting use only. If you need that much hunting ammo, maybe vegetarian is more your style. :)

No idea - I'll let you, I mean your friend, know once I figure it out!

Current attempt is setting a low monthly budget... I've blown through the budget the last three months...

Congrats on the bullets.

Tell your friend to start trading. There's enough bullets to trade for a couple pounds of powder on Gun Broker.

JD338

How do you stop? Doesn't sound as if you'll need to start for a while. A moose with 640 plus bullet holes? Must be one of those prehistoric critters with a hide six inches thick! :shock: JD had an excellent suggestion, however. (y)

Stop a moose bear or elk yes.

Stop buying components. I can’t help yah.

A lot of us have found nosler BT AB and Pt will group the same. I’ll generally get thing’s sorted out with BT’s before touching AB or PT. Still work the load, but know where it’s likely to work well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stopped. I almost never buy hunting bullets anymore. Have so many on hand, my sons will never need to buy hunting bullets! :grin:

Now practice/plinking bullets... Ya, I'll buy some of them again!

Guy

Buy several rifles chambered for the same round.You will shoot a bunch of those bullets up just seeing how each one shoots.

I have a similar problem, but I only buy them when they are reasonably priced. I also do trades, it makes the habit easier to justify.

Ahhhh - I have a completely different point of view. Don't stop, just give the overage away to, um... me?

It’s like fishing tackle and reloading components can you ever have enough. I always tell the Wife and Friends I hope I live long enough to use it all !

Xbolt, tell your friend he's living life right. Buy, Buy, Buy. and while he's at it,try saving for an annual moose hunt, or two.

Kevin

PS. Hope I've been helpful.

cha":1bpt7g3v said:
Xbolt, tell your friend he's living life right. Buy, Buy, Buy. and while he's at it,try saving for an annual moose hunt, or two.

Kevin

PS. Hope I've been helpful.
Where is the like button when ya want it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back