Supplies making a comeback ?

D21ALASKA":3q6sgyqd said:
FOTIS":3q6sgyqd said:
AFG270":3q6sgyqd said:
Midway has had primers the last couple mornings,

at 7.6 cents a piece.

What a sham.
Midway has been gouging from the get go. They lost my business forever at the beginning of the year when everythingwent up at least 30%. I'll stick with the smaller suppliers that didn't take advantage of the situation. May have to wait a bit longer but principle is big with me.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Midway is the last resort

FOTIS":2yvx5vy9 said:
AFG270":2yvx5vy9 said:
Midway has had primers the last couple mornings,

at 7.6 cents a piece.

What a sham.
I agree, but it is supply and demand and people are paying those prices. Just hope some of the other suppliers follow along with product at a reasonable price.

Powder Valley's prices have gone up a lot as well. I bought 8 lbs of RL26 a year ago for $175, yesterday they were $260, plus they raised their hazmat fee from $12.95 to $19.95.

I was able to find 2 pounds of H4831SC of the same lot number at a local shop, I was surprised to see like 20 bricks of CCI BR4 primers there as well. They would only sell 5 individual packets of primers per person, so the price on those primers was $11.99 each.

30% increase is pretty normal unfortunately and not gouging IMO depending on what your looking at. Almost across the board things have gone up substantially. I look at the vendors with a 20-30% increase as the ones NOT gouging, the expensive prices are way above that. I just bought 4 boxes of Speer .257, 100 gr HC on Midway for $27.99 per box, free shipping. The only other options in a hunting bullet are a 110 gr Interbond, a 120 gr Partition, and a 100 gr Swift A- Frame. All more so premium bullets and ranging in price from .75-$1.52 per bullet.

1.5-2 yrs ago the Speer's would of been right at $23 a box. That's a 22% increase. On Speer's own website they now list that bullet at $30.99, and it shows unavailable.

I figured at that price I'd add to my somewhat limited supply of 257 bullets, and a caliber that's hard to get from anybody right now. If things get worse, I'll be glad I got them at that price. If they get better, I didn't pay a ridiculous price for what I already got.

Yesterday Johnson City TN at Academy Sports a small assortment of 12ga & 20ga and Rifle & Pistol ammo 9mm had a small selection as did .223 Rem-5.56 and other high power Rifle like .270 Win and others and .22LR CCI nontoxic. Reloading had Hornady .224 88gr and .308 165gr bullets
Walmart had Shotgun shell for 12ga and 20ga in 7 1/2 & 8 shot at normal prices pre shortage or close to it.

Went to my local gunshow this morning for the purposes of getting an IWB holster for my P365. I was going to make it a short trip but decided to peruse some of the tables. (always something you can't live without ) As usual there were two tables total that were selling primers of various sizes. I wasn't going to stop and get aggravated but I decided I needed a morning laugh. Both tables had outrageous prices but one in particular brought a laugh out of my throat. $160.00 for 1000 small pistol. I smiled and started to walk away when the seller asked me if I was interested. I simply stated "not at that price". From the condition of the box it was obvious that the primers had been handled "a lot". I guess there are some sellers that are just not going to give up with raking people over the coals. Sorry for the rant guys.

I shouldn't of done it, but I allowed myself to look up prices yet on GB. Crap that's depressing. I hate to call them idiots, but lets just say people of a unsound mind are still paying the ridiculous prices, if not worse.

In the last week somebody payed $500 for 2000 Federal LR match magnum. And somebody else payed $335 for 1000 of the same. You would think at some point people would eventually have enough of a product at 10x the cost.

Ok I’ll say Idiot’s to pay $500 for 2000 Federal LR Match Primers as well as the $335 for 1000.

You just can’t fix stupid. Reloading supplies are starting to show up and unless something like Last Summer Riots happen, the shortage is coming to a End from what I am seeing.

For those in the NW, Bi-Mart has a supply of some ammo. My local store had bricks of 500 for $35 which is bad , but better than what I have been seeing. They also had some rifle ammo and a fair amount of pistols on the display. Last night I was able to order bullets for my MZ and powder. I thought for awhile i was going to have to split it between suppliers, but finally found one with both.

Paid $6 each for two sleeves of CCI LR.

Felt like I was making a getaway!

Sent Nosler a note and asked when they make some 458 CTBT 300 gn for 45/70.

Schedule says dec-March run… so won’t be finding those restocked anytime soon.

:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it kind of looks like things are getting a little better , far from good , but better . I've been seeing more bullets , and more powders . it also seems like it's staying available a little longer before it's sold out . I was able to get some powder over the past two weeks . I got 1 pound of H1000 locally , that was the limit . I got 8 pound RL50 . it's not my first choice , but it would give me something close to use . two days later I got 8 pound of N570 , from the same place . this powder should work well for me . I've been wanting to try it , but I've always just bought what I've been using . the scarce components gave me the push to try it . this is the first time I've ever ordered powder , I've always been able to find it locally . I've never paid a haz mat fee until these two orders of powder . hope you guys are seeing things looking better too .

Two steps forward one back.

Got a text primers we’re in.

Small rifle and small pistol…$19..99/100 sleeve…

Might as well glued them to the shelf…

Meanwhile 223 rem was in stock and down to about 75cents each.

I got 200 Nosler ballistic tips in the mail yesterday, $100 shipped. A fair price and adds to my stash of 180 gr bullets. Earlier in the week I got 3 pounds of Hodgon RL for muzzleloaders and 5O, 295 gr 50 Caliber Bullets . I am doing fine, if I could get 200, .284, 160 AB's I would be good for a couple of years.

Mark , primers are tough to find , especially at a half way decent price . one local gun shop had a daily limit of 100 primers I think for $8.00 . it didn't take long for them to sell out .

Bill , it sounds like you're doing ok too .

I'm doing ok . I have what I need . it might not be what I'm used to using , but I can shoot . I tell myself that something good will come out of trying new things .

I think shooters pro shop had 7mm 160 accubonds earlier this week . keep an eye on them , maybe more not to far away .

Fotis , that's tough . heck you're even in a store . you know what's there , and been there .

good luck Fellas .

jimbires":1mtt2a6j said:
I think shooters pro shop had 7mm 160 accubonds earlier this week . keep an eye on them , maybe more not to far away .

Fotis , that's tough . heck you're even in a store . you know what's there , and been there .

good luck Fellas .
They had 20 bags of 50.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

amassi":2xtsnrao said:
jimbires":2xtsnrao said:

good luck Fellas .
They had 20 bags of 50.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

wow , you had to be fast to get them . thanks I thought I remembered seeing them .

I just got a notification that star line is shipping me 45/70 govt brass. Was back ordered a few days…

Our local store has t had any Winchester brass for a long time..

Back