Reloading Components Availability updates

Just a heads up. Blemished .308 165 gr. Ballistic Tips are in stock at SPS. I just picked up a couple hundred, but there were 40 some-odd packs in stock.

Just might be some .375" 260 gr Accubonds avail at SPS now, at a great price...

They've been scarce the past couple of years.

I didn't mention this here on the board until I'd already placed my order for 250 of 'em... :wink:

Guy

Guy Miner":1dl2bo9j said:
Just might be some .375" 260 gr Accubonds avail at SPS now, at a great price...

They've been scarce the past couple of years.

I didn't mention this here on the board until I'd already placed my order for 250 of 'em... :wink:

Guy

Smart man! :lol:

No kidding Scotty! Buncha guys here will snap 'em up!

They're an excellent bear bullet from the 375. I've shot three black bears with them, and one of the Alaskan guides had handloaded 260 gr Accubonds for his 375 H&H. He'd just come from Kodiak, and that's his big bear cartridge/load.

Accurate, excellent expansion. Yup. Good bullets.

Guy

Keep your eyes on the classified adds on forums.I bought six unopened boxes of 168gr Ballistic Tips for $130 shipped.Not a steal,but a very fair price any day,especially during these times.I ran across one box of 180gr 30 cal Accubonds on Ebay.You cannot sell bullets on Ebay,but somehow they made it through.It ended up with 22 bids and sold for $79.00 + $8.95 shipping.As long as people are willing to pay those prices we are going to have a very long term shortage.

I've used Nosler Ballistic tips for 20 years.....that ends this week.
I bought some Hornady Interlocks that shoot just as good. I'm pissed off that Nosler has let the reloaders hang out to dry. I just came from a major reloading store today and they said what we all know....they are using the NBT's for their own ammo loads....great....I'm now using Hornady and Sierra Gamekings....they kill just as dead.
Hope you go out of business! I'm telling my friends don't pay 50.00 for a stupid box of Nosler's ammo. Give me your brass and I'll load you some Hornady.

cugir321":3cuki8tn said:
I bought some Hornady Interlocks that shoot just as good. I'm pissed off that Nosler has let the reloaders hang out to dry. I just came from a major reloading store today and they said what we all know....they are using the NBT's for their own ammo loads....great....I'm now using Hornady and Sierra Gamekings....they kill just as dead.
Hope you go out of business! I'm telling my friends don't pay 50.00 for a stupid box of Nosler's ammo. Give me your brass and I'll load you some Hornady.

Hey dude, you can go rant on another forum. :lol: We already heard you rant on another thread, no need to rant again. If you have issues with Nosler, perhaps you should quit this forum and seek another forum. Nosler has always been my go to hunting bullet for all my hunting needs. I still have some Nosler bullets to hunt with this season and the next. Nosler Ballistic Tips and Accubonds have been deadly accurate in all of my rifles. :mrgreen:

TackDriver284":2x8o773j said:
cugir321":2x8o773j said:

Hey dude, you can go rant on another forum. :lol: We already heard you rant on another thread, no need to rant again. If you have issues with Nosler, perhaps you should quit this forum and seek another forum. Nosler has always been my go to hunting bullet for all my hunting needs. I still have some Nosler bullets to hunt with this season and the next. Nosler Ballistic Tips and Accubonds have been deadly accurate in all of my rifles. :mrgreen:

Amen. I’m rolling up on my retirement date soon and might make a trip out to Bend OR to lend a hand running a machine or two. I’ve been loading my own ammo since I was big enough to reach the handle on the loading press and have a machinist background. I hear it isn’t a raw material issue but more of a personnel issue

I see that SPS has 49 boxes of blemished, 180, 30cal Ballistic Tips for sale $25 ea.

Hello, has anyone tried HYBRID 100V, Staball 6.5, or H4350 powder in 3006. I am trying to find alternate powders due to the shortage.

Doni":1uvw76mg said:
Hello, has anyone tried HYBRID 100V, Staball 6.5, or H4350 powder in 3006. I am trying to find alternate powders due to the shortage.
Yes sir I have and do use H4350 and Stabal 6.5 in my 30-06. Both give good groups with the bullets I have tried and use Nosler 150gr PT, AB Sierra 150gr Pro hunter and Nosler 180gr BT does ok with H4350. Haven't tried Stabal 6.5 with this bullet weight. Dan.

Hey Guys don’t know how close any of your are to Northeast Mississippi, but Lonnie’s sporting goods in Corinth had a very good supply today of powder. They seem to be getting shipments in pretty regularly. Prolly ten or so 1lb jugs of H4350. And quite a lot of other powders. I picked up 400 6.5 mm ELD’s since I’ve not seen them in atleast a year. Prolly had 1200-1300 more on the shelf. Prices were a little higher than they used to be there around $35/lb. but I can live with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Brinky72":5atkdeis said:
TackDriver284":5atkdeis said:
cugir321":5atkdeis said:

Amen. I’m rolling up on my retirement date soon and might make a trip out to Bend OR to lend a hand running a machine or two. I’ve been loading my own ammo since I was big enough to reach the handle on the loading press and have a machinist background. I hear it isn’t a raw material issue but more of a personnel issue
If it’s like it is here in Mississippi every where you look has now hiring signs. I’m sure they may be experiencing manpower issues also, or being forced to run a skeleton crew due to covid, depending on how Oregon is I suppose. Hopefully it will all get back to normal pretty soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I can't believe that I'm still waiting to find small rifle primers....2 years later :roll: I've heard that ammo manufacturers are using them for their own ammo instead of selling them as components. I just find it hard to believe that they are selling THAT much ammo at inflated prices that they have no appreciable quantity of components to sell? Aside from some shotgun shells, I don't know anyone that's bought ammo in the last couple years!

desertcj said:
I can't believe that I'm still waiting to find small rifle primers....2 years later :roll: I've heard that ammo manufacturers are using them for their own ammo instead of selling them as components. I just find it hard to believe that they are selling THAT much ammo at inflated prices that they have no appreciable quantity of components to sell? Aside from some shotgun shells, I don't know anyone that's bought ammo in the last couple years![/quote

Here in Corpus Christi,Texas,when the covid lockdown hit in 3-20,all the guns,ammo and reloading stuff was wiped off the shelves.Our local Academy store's shelves have been for the most part completely empty since.Seems to happen to some degree everytime there is a presidential election year.Government contracts tend to get priory from the manufacturing of ammo.The domestic terrorist threat I'm sure has a lot to do with it too.Guns are kinda worthless without cartridges.Brass,powder and bullets are too without primers.Who really knows what restrictions the government has put on manufacturing or types of shortages have been created.I really don't see how some gunshops can stay in business,it has to be hitting them very hard too.Look at all the thousands of automobiles waiting for a computer chip.I thought things would be getting back to normal soon,but I'm starting to have my doubts.
See links.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-con ... t?r=96&s=1
https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/news/ ... ism-threat

desertcj":3652f9tf said:
I can't believe that I'm still waiting to find small rifle primers....2 years later :roll: I've heard that ammo manufacturers are using them for their own ammo instead of selling them as components. I just find it hard to believe that they are selling THAT much ammo at inflated prices that they have no appreciable quantity of components to sell? Aside from some shotgun shells, I don't know anyone that's bought ammo in the last couple years!

Which primers are you looking for?

Back