Sauer 100 Black

DrMike":2qscfm80 said:
Handsome setup. Looking forward to what you find as you wring it out at the range.
Thank you!!

I look forward to it as well!

Hawk

Cleveland48":22zh7gip said:
Great setup, can’t wait for a range report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thank you!!

I did get that extra 5 round flush Mag for her.

I hope to get the components here in the near future, or get some actual PPU loads.

Hawk

HAWKEYESATX":2v671d8l said:
Cleveland48":2v671d8l said:

Thank you!!

I hope to get the components here in the near future, or get some actual PPU loads.

Hawk
Brownells has some Hornady 286 grain spire point, grafs has som 250 AccuBond. And most places have the 250 GMX that I’ve looked at. Maybe midway has 250 grain etip not sure anymore. That’s about all I’ve seen lately though buddy. And I’m not sure on some brass lately either. Not sure what grain bullets you are looking for, but thought I’d let you know about those so you can grab some if need be. Even the oddball calibers are hard I find now. Thought I saw some gecko and PPU loaded ammunition somewhere online the other day, but I cannot remember for sure where I saw it. They say it’s easy to use 30/06 brass, but I do know the case will have to swell some from the case head up due to the 9.3x62 having a larger body diameter. I’ve never tried it though. What powders do you have on hand already?

Cleveland48":x9ehrw2i said:
HAWKEYESATX":x9ehrw2i said:
Cleveland48":x9ehrw2i said:

Thank you!!

Hawk
Brownells has some Hornady 286 grain spire point, grafs has som 250 AccuBond. And most places have the 250 GMX that I’ve looked at. Maybe midway has 250 grain etip not sure anymore. That’s about all I’ve seen lately though buddy. And I’m not sure on some brass lately either. Not sure what grain bullets you are looking for, but thought I’d let you know about those so you can grab some if need be. Even the oddball calibers are hard I find now. Thought I saw some gecko and PPU loaded ammunition somewhere online the other day, but I cannot remember for sure where I saw it. They say it’s easy to use 30/06 brass, but I do know the case will have to swell some from the case head up due to the 9.3x62 having a larger body diameter. I’ve never tried it though. What powders do you have on hand already?

The powders I have on hand that will work with the 9.3x62 are, IMR 4064, and can get my hands on some Varget, if need be.

Hawk

HAWKEYESATX":17blcl6b said:
Cleveland48":17blcl6b said:
HAWKEYESATX":17blcl6b said:
Cleveland48":17blcl6b said:

Thank you!!

Hawk

The powders I have on hand that will work with the 9.3x62 are, IMR 4064, and can get my hands on some Varget, if need be.

Hawk
Varget is supposed to be awesome with the lighter weight bullets. I’ve never tried 4064 though, I have it but use it in my 416 rem mag. Ram shot big game is great for the heavies though. If u see some big game grab it up.

And this is the price in the country of origin.
I live in the wrong country
And that is Euros...
place
92a3650dcdc21f03f6c88f7ef93a944c.jpg

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a XL mit Tapatalk

Cleveland48":cgd0ndm7 said:
HAWKEYESATX":cgd0ndm7 said:
Cleveland48":cgd0ndm7 said:
HAWKEYESATX":cgd0ndm7 said:
Cleveland48 said:

Thank you!!

Hawk

Hawk
Varget is supposed to be awesome with the lighter weight bullets. I’ve never tried 4064 though, I have it but use it in my 416 rem mag. Ram shot big game is great for the heavies though. If u see some big game grab it up.

I will definitely keep my eyes open for Ram Shot Big Game too.

I’ve also heard that CFE223 works extremely well in it as well, through all of the bullet range.

Hawk

Cleveland48":2eriuse0 said:
hunt127588":2eriuse0 said:
Here’s a great price on an XT. I ordered a Mauser 12 from them last year for cheap.

https://stdgun.com/sauer-100-classic-xt ... 22-barrel/
That is a great price! I bought mine around two years ago. I believe I paid around $700 at that time.

That is a really good price. See a few down around $600 and a very few occasionally just under that, but never any under $500. Most are in the $700-$850 range.

I've been watching them, if I see the right priced one in a 6.5x55 or 7mm-08 I've a mind to add it to the 101 that I have. I'm not a synthetic man, never have been. But I do think as synthetics go, that 100 is a good rifle. Especially at those prices!

HAWKEYESATX":21qontna said:
Cleveland48":21qontna said:
HAWKEYESATX":21qontna said:
Cleveland48":21qontna said:
HAWKEYESATX said:
Cleveland48 said:

Thank you!!

Hawk

Hawk

I will definitely keep my eyes open for Ram Shot Big Game too.

I’ve also heard that CFE223 works extremely well in it as well, through all of the bullet range.

Hawk
Yes I forgot CFE 223. I played with it a tad with 250 AB, well I only did a velocity ladder with it. At that time I was trying to get 2600 - 2650 fps. I didn’t quite make it with RL15 or CFE 223, but I didn’t have any pressure signs whatsoever. I should of bumped them up a little more and see what happened. I never could find varget. I have not seen varget locally for over two years now.

The travel over the big pond must be really hard on them to loose 50% of the price

ShadeTree":2wdd9ngs said:
Cleveland48":2wdd9ngs said:
hunt127588":2wdd9ngs said:
Here’s a great price on an XT. I ordered a Mauser 12 from them last year for cheap.

That is a great price! I bought mine around two years ago. I believe I paid around $700 at that time.

That is a really good price. See a few down around $600 and a very few occasionally just under that, but never any under $500. Most are in the $700-$850 range.

I've been watching them, if I see the right priced one in a 6.5x55 or 7mm-08 I've a mind to add it to the 101 that I have. I'm not a synthetic man, never have been. But I do think as synthetics go, that 100 is a good rifle. Especially at those prices!
I’d like to find a wood stock version myself in 7x64 just to be different lol.

noslerpartition":db9njzpl said:
The travel over the big pond must be really hard on them to loose 50% of the price

Apparently, that’s crazy man. Never would of thought that big of a price drop at all.

Cleveland48":1erzgr2x said:
ShadeTree":1erzgr2x said:
Cleveland48":1erzgr2x said:
hunt127588":1erzgr2x said:

If you're like me you already have way more rifles than is reasonable for 1 man to have, but who says there's anything reasonable about a rifle looney. :grin: But it does afford one to be patient and particular on each purchase when there's nothing you really need.

Cleveland48":1zbrmvay said:
noslerpartition":1zbrmvay said:

Apparently, that’s crazy man. Never would of thought that big of a price drop at all.

It is like that with many items coming from Europe - you pay less.
Seems we are way richer, though I don't feel it...
Seems we are suppoting US prices with what we pay.
Unfortunately, US products are higher priced here than in the US.

noslerpartition":1ufaid4j said:
Cleveland48":1ufaid4j said:
noslerpartition":1ufaid4j said:

It is like that with many items coming from Europe - you pay less.
Seems we are way richer, though I don't feel it...
Seems we are suppoting US prices with what we pay.
Unfortunately, US products are higher priced here than in the US.

I honestly figured most of the European guns would be cheaper over there than here. Shows how much I know lol

ShadeTree":3ty3t24i said:
Cleveland48":3ty3t24i said:
ShadeTree":3ty3t24i said:
Cleveland48":3ty3t24i said:
hunt127588 said:

If you're like me you already have way more rifles than is reasonable for 1 man to have, but who says there's anything reasonable about a rifle looney. :grin: But it does afford one to be patient and particular on each purchase when there's nothing you really need.
Yes it does. I was setting sights with a couple buddies last weekend, and they had one rifle each to set. Then here I am dragging around five rifles to check zeroes because I’m planning on using these five this deer season. Sometimes I envy the people who do all their hunting with just one rifle. Makes life so much simpler during deer season. But it also seems very boring [emoji23]

Back