Hornady vax mandate....

desertcj

Handloader
Sep 27, 2010
I just saw this on YouTube. I'm not going to get political here, but there was comment after comment from people saying they're going to boycott Hornady over this. It's really awful that Joe Biden is putting this country through this. I can't with a clear concious buy product from a company that forced its employees to do this so I guess I need to find a new bullet to replace the 7mm 180gr eld-m I was shooting :roll: That's insult to injury...giving up that
.800bc...

I know there's Sierra 183gr with about a .710bc. Nosler 185 RDF with a published .719bc. Those are the best I know of, am I missing some?

I have an 8 twist barrel in 7 rem mag, so anything 190gr up is a no go. I hunt with it too, I'm not sure how any of these bullets expand. The 180 eld-m definitely did expand...

Any bullet manufacturer with govt contacts is going to be in the same position. I suspect Nosler and Sierra will be doing the same thing as Hornady.

Sorry, we don't need to do that again...lol. We all have personal beliefs and red lines. Now about my options for high BC 7mm bullets? Bergers are too rich for my blood and not really any better than the other options. Sierra 183 matchking and Nosler 185 CC are the two I've identified so far. Need to see if my rifle will shoot them and if they have any expansion to them at range. Anyone know of other good options?

I haven't been keeping up on slick 7mm bullets . the guys I shoot with, we are using either Berger or A-tips in the300 gr , 338's . the A-tips seem to have the better BC at distance , even though the advertised BC is the same . I'm not sure how hornady is checking them , but it seems a little low or the Berger is high . that's a long way of saying don't be surprised if matching BC's don't match up in the field .

my comment above was intended to end another free for all , before it started .... I'm glad you laughed

No problem. I see that Hammer bullets has some 172gr and 177gr options as well. BC not as good but possibly better expansion. Pretty pricey for shooting steel but acceptable for hunting only.

I gave my thoughts on the previous thread on this subject and I guess I'll just have to repeat myself.

I read a book. The title is STATE OF FEAR by Micheal Chritchton in case anyone might want to read it. There is a segment when one character tells another exactly how governments use fear to control their populations.

Fear? I was just a toddler during WW2, at least at the time of Pearl harbor but I could sense the fear my parents had. Try air raid warnings that took place at two or three in the morning, hiding in the basement of our home. The thought that we might be invaded at anytime.

The Cold War, the Russians are coming, the Russians are coming. You know the drill.

Fast forward to Covid 19.It was the description as mentioned in the book, literally as if the book was the written script brought to life. I decided that I would not be afraid of the Coronacrap as I liked to call it. I wasn't when it first showed up and I'm not now.

Vulnerability? Well I'm old, 83 years old to be exact. I'm diabetic, have high blood pressure, and God only knows what else but yet I'm still here and not sick. I'm not taking the jab.

One, me and certain vaccines don't get along. get the flu shot and I'll come down with the flu. Same goes for the pneumonia shot. Every time I've gotten that one I come down with pneumonia. To rely on a vaccine that has not been thoroughly and properly tested is plain outright foolish. It may or may not work. I'm reading too many articles that say it's killing more people than saving. Israel, the highest vaccinated population in the world has something like 60% vaccinated people that have beep hospitalized die of or by complications due to covid19. No was in hell will I take that shot.
Paul B.

I should have titled this thread differently....I'm really just looking for other bullet options here. Let's comment 9n the other thread about the Hornady/mandate stuff...

Back