Primers...

Cleveland48":2z3b01h7 said:
I’ve got roughly 500-600 primers of SR magnum, LR magnum, and LR. About 300 large pistol, but I hardly load pistols anymore. I have cut back on the shooting a pretty good bit because I really don’t wanna pay gunbroker primer prices again lol. I’ve not seen a primer in a local store for over a year atleast. Am starting to see some powder, but bullets for my 416’s have gotten impossible to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The Hammer Bullets guys seem to be able to spit bullets out pretty quick. Premium prices, but not crazy expensive.

Little over a month ago I got a few thousand Fed 215 from Natchez. Price wasn’t bad until shipping and hazmat. I’m set on primers for awhile , powder that will become an issue.

desertcj":2ky309aq said:
If you are talking anything firearm and shooting related, you have got to be joking. At this point with every sporting goods store across the country sitting empty on supplies for the last 9 months, manufacture's could work for 2 yrs without getting caught up.

Every game store is waiting on orders and it gets sold as fast as it trickles in. None of the game stores I stop in at are worried about sitting on inventory. They would buy it by the truck load if they could get it.
I'm talking about the macro view of this shortage situation. Some of the powders we all use come from Europe. the components come from good knows where. Prices are set by the corporations. i.e gouging with fuel prices. Its' big oil charging those prices. Not govt. policy.[/quote]

So are you implying that govt. Policy has no affect on oil prices? I don't see how anyone could possibly believe that...[/quote]
So How do you feel govt policy affects oil prices? Give some examples.....[/quote]

When you curtail domestic production & distribution through regulation you reduce supply. Reduced supply with equivalent or higher demand equals rising prices. Specific examples? Keystone pipeline project killed. Now we can't efficiently import oil from Canada and have to have it shipped from the middle east instead. Ban on extraction of oil on federal land leases. Reduced supply.

On a brighter note, I scored some small rifle primers today off of the internet (y)[/quote]
The facts simply don't support your beliefs. The keystone pipeline is operating as it has been! Only phase 4 has been canceled. Not affecting the supply the US has been receiving. Secondly, domestic oil production this past year equals/exceeds the average production during the trumph years.
https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafH ... rfpus2&f=m

IHsako, so I guess you don't believe in outlook? Or your check engine light? Since I'm clearly a dullard, why don't you explain why this country has doubled down on it's dumpster fire status since 'Ol Joe took the wheel. Please explain what's causing these messes other than govt. Policy....give some examples.

Cj, The stock market hit another all time high, the GDP went from -8% in june 2020 to +16% june 2021. The economy is recovering, consumers are buying goods and services like crazy. This results in higher prices and unfortunately inflation. It's what happens in free economy.....

I will argue that the increased purchasing of goods and services is in direct correlation to the govt handing out money left and right. My wages haven't increased in the past 2 years. Perhaps I'm a sucker and everyone else's paychecks have grown 20-50% matching the increased price of goods?

I'm just going to have to agree to disagree with you. I don't want to keep diluting the reloading forum with this stuff. It's just difficult when it's creeping into every aspect of our lives, including the price and availability of reloading components.

desertcj":1xxqb4su said:
I will argue that the increased purchasing of goods and services is in direct correlation to the govt handing out money left and right. My wages haven't increased in the past 2 years. Perhaps I'm a sucker and everyone else's paychecks have grown 20-50% matching the increased price of goods?

I'm just going to have to agree to disagree with you. I don't want to keep diluting the reloading forum with this stuff. It's just difficult when it's creeping into every aspect of our lives, including the price and availability of reloading components.

There's a lot of space to type away here .No need to worry. Of course the money Trumph and Biden were giving away boosted the economy. That's why they did it! They were concerned that the economy would collapse. Inflation sucks but as I said it's a result of a rapidly recovering economy. Increased buying without a concomitant increase in production= inflation. The pandemic has really screwed up the supply chain, distribution and more. Your company will hopefully increase your pay. Its up to them, just like the oil companies set the price at the pump.

lhsako":1nukfc5s said:
desertcj":1nukfc5s said:

There's a lot of space to type away here .No need to worry. Of course the money Trumph and Biden were giving away boosted the economy. That's why they did it! They were concerned that the economy would collapse. Inflation sucks but as I said it's a result of a rapidly recovering economy. Increased buying without a concomitant increase in production= inflation. The pandemic has really screwed up the supply chain, distribution and more. Your company will hopefully increase your pay. Its up to them, just like the oil companies set the price at the pump.

Oil companies do not set the price of gas at the pump. The price of oil affects the cost of gas at the pump and the price of oil is driven by supply and demand. Oil companies attempt to control supply to keep the price of oil favorable to them. That strategy has a lot more affect on US gas prices when the US domestic supply or outlook for supply is limited by govt policy...and there it is. A limited domestic production outlook combined with a falling dollar(Also caused by govt policy) when they handed out trillions of dollars which also arguably helped increase demand at the same time. Common denominator here for rising gas prices and goods in general....govt. policy. It's obvious that you disagree and that's fine. Our opinions have no bearing on the situation.

Naturally our opinions are meaningless. By controlling supply supply the oil companies set the price. It's the same dam thing. Domestic supply is the same as last year. I posted the data...lol
Like I stated, Both trumph and Biden handed out money to keep the economy afloat!!!
It was the right move at that time. You need to look at the facts. Not conjecture. Increased production over time will lower inflation. Beats having a recession.

Picked up a 1000 shotgun primers on midway. Also have TAC in stock and a couple other powders.

Looks like I missed large rifle magnummprimers… said available, but out of stock after drilling in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Federal Gold Medal small rifle match primers at midway for the last hour..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

adm1977":29piw97f said:
CCI large rifle mag primers at Midway if anyone is looking.
Hilarious. That’s what I’m after. They were gone. Thank you for posting. Been watching about two weeks and thought they didn’t post on weekends… maybe it sells out faster on the weekend. Thank you again!

Keep an eye on Powder Valley. Updates are random in terms of when, but they have a good site. I checked frequently throughout a couple of days and picked up #6 of powder that I needed. It goes fast but they give you :20 in your cart to check out. Shipped the following day. I don’t track primers, fortunate enough to have plenty still the Bill Clinton era hysteria.

Got my CCI Lrge rifle magnum primers at Midway today. Should be here 11/22.

Sunday 11 am est… who’s have imagined?

Midway has large rifle magnum, small pistol, and large pistol magnum match in stock if anyone is looking.

I grabbed some Cci 450 earlier this morning. Still way cheaper than I spent on gunbroker this summer lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It took some calling, checking, and persistence, but I was fortunate to find a local source some time back where prices varied depending on brand but averaged $52 so far. When I realized I could no longer buy primers when and where I wanted, I bought every brick they'd sell me at those prices. Just recently bought another one. In todays environment lt felt like gold everytime I brought some home. I'm finally getting to where I got enough that I can contine shooting for the next 15 yrs if I never buy another one.

Back