.224 60 gr Ballistic Tip Varmint

robdog9761

Beginner
Sep 9, 2011
I cant find any reloading info for this bullet. I figure since its the same weight as the 60gr Partition that the powder loads should be similar, but what about the C.O.A.L with this bullet? Anyone have any ideas? :?

Welcome to the forum; it's good to have you aboard. As to the charge weights, as you surmised, you can use the weights given in the Nosler Guide for the 60 grain Partition. What cartridge are you loading? The Nosler Guide No. 7 lists slight differences for the Varmaggedon contra the Partition. Let us know what cartridge, and we can give you the OAL used in the most recent guide.

I am trying to start reloading .223 for an ar-15. I was looking at the bullets in the website, and i saw the Ballistic Tip Varmint with the orange tip. Is there any difference between it and the Varmagedon bullet? I also just realized looking at the picture on the website the bullet has a cannelure. Gues that kinda set the depth. lol :lol: Thank you for the help

The Ballistic Tip Varmint is loaded to the same OAL as the Partition (2.260 INCHES). The 62 grain Varmaggedon is loaded to 2.180 inches. The Varmaggedon and the Ballistic Tip Varmint are two different bullets. Sorry for the confusion.

Thank you very much for the info. Is this info in the new reloading manual? No worries on the confusion. lol. Any help is appreciated. :oops:

robdog9761":3lsmgabu said:
Thank you very much for the info. Is this info in the new reloading manual? No worries on the confusion. lol. Any help is appreciated. :oops:

Yes, all this information is included in the new reloading guide (No. 7).

Both the BT and the Varmageddon are cup and core bullets. The BT has a solid base.
Welcome to the forum robdog9761.

JD338

JD338":12ldqnr7 said:
Both the BT and the Varmageddon are cup and core bullets. The BT has a solid base.
Welcome to the forum robdog9761.

JD338

The BT-V is also a boat tail bullet, where the VG is flat base. Performance is very similar but the VG was made to be cheaper shooting.

Thanks again for the help. Could some one tell me if the books shows H335 powder for the 60gr ballistic tip, and what the starting charge is?

Hi Folks,

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread.

Was looking at this bullet for shooting foxes (obviously) and also shooting longer range (for a .223 Rem so 300 yds and maybe a bit beyond).

Has anyone tried this bullet as at longer ranges?

Rifle is a 22" barrel CZ 1:9 twist (fine with 5.56 / CIP commercial pressures) and I'll probably use Ramshot X-Terminator as the powder.

Thanks in advance,

M

The 60g NBT is a varmint bullet. At medium to high speeds, it will expand explosively. I hope you are not going/looking for pelts. All other factors you mentioned can be easily accomplished. 223 Rem can get hits above 500 yards if you and the rifle are good enough.

wingnut":1kie7yok said:
The 60g NBT is a varmint bullet. At medium to high speeds, it will expand explosively. I hope you are not going/looking for pelts. All other factors you mentioned can be easily accomplished. 223 Rem can get hits above 500 yards if you and the rifle are good enough.

Hi there,

No, sadly not market for pelts here. Is purely a pest control exercise.

If my order is successful I will try some with Ramshot X-terminator

Muntjac

Back