Reloading Components Availability updates

Just thought everyone would like to know that the madness is still in full swing. My Buddy went to Gander Mountain in Palm Beach this weekend. They had gotten in a lot of primers, powder and bullets. (The companies are still shipping). The line at the check out counters had to be 50 deep and was going out the entrance door. By the time he got to the counter everything for the most part was gone. Another thing, another buddy went to the range on Sunday and guess what, all the people buying guns and ammunition are showing up at the ranges. This is a good thing but the range officers are going crazy as a lot of these people DON'T know what their doing. Thank god there have been no accidents as of yet.

There's been a lot of people shooting their new 9mms and 223s with new ammo and leaving the brass at my range. I'm thinking of putting primed 9mm brass on gunbroker to cash in on a bit of this madness if I get enough stockpiled.

Did a quick search of some of the usual suspects today. Powder valley has some Tula primers, only primers I found. They are seriously backlogged on shipping. Powder availablility is getting a little bit better. There are some good options in stock at various places, but if you shoot something popular like IMR 4350, Varget, H or IMR 4895, you'll have to get lucky like CZ. Seems most of these retailers, both local and internet/catalog are receiving random shipments and selling as soon as it hit's "in stock". You'll have to be dilligent at frequently searching to find your pet powder.

Here's a partial list of some places to look. Graf and Sons (seem to be rotating some good powders into stock frequently). Midway, Natchez, Powdervalley. There are others but these do the highest volume and have live inventory listings.

Polaris":2mtilkn7 said:
There's been a lot of people shooting their new 9mms and 223s with new ammo and leaving the brass at my range. I'm thinking of putting primed 9mm brass on gunbroker to cash in on a bit of this madness if I get enough stockpiled..
My buddy did just that and ended up with enough cash to buy a new savage in 308

velvetant":3o5z4sup said:
Polaris":3o5z4sup said:
There's been a lot of people shooting their new 9mms and 223s with new ammo and leaving the brass at my range. I'm thinking of putting primed 9mm brass on gunbroker to cash in on a bit of this madness if I get enough stockpiled..
My buddy did just that and ended up with enough cash to buy a new savage in 308

No kidding? That's a lot of brass. I wish I could find someone at my range shooting Lapua or Nosler .223 brass than I could pick up.

I just ordered 1k pieces of lapua .223 brass its in stock however it will take six weeks to ship due to the backlog of orders. Duh, sorry at graf and sons.

A few finds from my morning web crawl -

Midway has 8 pound jugs of Tac in stock as of 6:30am MST on 1/30

Midway has AA 4350 in stock. Not identical to the popular IMR 4350, but should do very well in the same applications. Only 4350 speed I saw anywhere.

Just got thisWilliams Gun Sight Co.

Just Arrived PMC .223 Ammo! Hurry in while it lasts!

Attachments

• e1256651643.gif
    e1256651643.gif
    13.2 KB · Views: 22,859
Over here loaded 223 ammo, any brand is going for .45 to .50 cents a round if you can find any. The loaded 308 stuff is from $1.00 to $1.25 a round. I am sooooo glad I roll my own.
Russ

No kidding Russ, I was at a gun show last weekend in Costa Mesa, CA and Federal XM193 was going for 1.00 per round.

Luckily for the ammo companies, there are a lot suckers around here.

Found a local connection. Little out of the way gunshop in the W. metro MN has: a wide selection of powders incl popular "AR" and Garand speeds plus popular slow rifle speeds. Also has LR, LP and LR mag match primers. Also has a good selection of bullets on the shelf including some of the plinker grade bullets that are currently hard to find. Ammocraft in Hopkins. Nice liitle shop, good owner. He got a bit offended when I asked if he was going to raise prices based on the current demand.

Grafs has most of the AA line back in stock including the popular 4064 and 4350 speeds. Also R7 and R17 back in stock.

Powder valley has IMR 4350 and 4831 but only in 1lb cans.

I drive past Graf's about 4 times a week in my travels and the parking-lot is always full!

I went to (3) gun/sporting goods stores yesterday. One store is quite large, the other two are family owned but well stocked usually. I was looking for powder and MTM ammo boxes for pistol cartridges. No dice! No powder, a few lg rifle primers. I ended up buying the MTM boxes from Midway, Graf's is out of stock! Powders are only the ones that nobody uses and few of those. No IMR, Hodgdon, etc.

These local shops also had no new handgun/pistol inventory to speak of and one shop had raised prices about $150/per gun.

Back