26 Nosler ?

Methinks that's what Craig Boddington was referring to in the link that was posted somewhere on here the other day. He referred to a new cartridge from Nosler that is "very fast," but said he couldn't reveal it at that time (whatever article was linked to).

Very interesting.

Man did I call it or what? 6.5mm!!!!!!!!

and no I did not have any input from them.

jmad_81":1xsl6k4p said:
Did Nosler neck down the 375R to a 6.5!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is EXACTLY what I was just thinking. It sits squarely between the Win Mag cases and a Ruger for volume..

Man, it does sound real good though. Although, 3400 with a 129ABLR isn't a whole lot more than I get with the 130 AB's outta my 264.. It is a SCREAMER though..

Looking forward to see this. Should be a hit amongst the speed demon's around here. I dig the name.

jmad_81":1c35ik5y said:
Did Nosler neck down the 375R to a 6.5!!!!!!!!!!!!

very close in case capacity

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    7.9 KB · Views: 8,754
Nice find Guy, I was searching too but couldn't find anything. I'm glad they are going with a 264 cal magnum, good choice :)

I have to say, please change the name to something else like the 264 Nosler or something else other than the 26 Nosler.

That's a screamer of a round though. Plus, that 375 Ruger case is pretty danged solid design..

Maybe the 264/35 Newton Gerry? :lol:

The wheels in my head are turning big time, now we can expect to see a 140 gr ABLR soon and I hope we also see a heavier weight Partition or bonded solid base around 150 gr for those of us who like to hunt moose :) I could easily have my 264 WM rechambered for it...... it does look like it will be similar to a 375 Ruger necked down and maybe the shoulder pushed back, time will tell. I guess I could get used to the name 26 Nosler...... The boys at Nosler must get a kick out of watching us try and figure these things out :)

Edit: It does sound like that is a possibility Scotty, very similar at least.

It appears the New 26 Nosler are getting close to .270Weatherby ballistics. However, being conservative the .264Winchester Magnum still has more appeal to me.
When this said the ol' 6,5x68 Schüler can actually duplicate the 26 Nosler if loaded to same pressures as Weatherbys. The Schüler has a little more casevolume than the .264WCF Mag.

The 375 Ruger and 264 WM side by side (235 gr Speer Hot Cor and 140 gr Deep Curl in case you are wondering)

I am with you Gerry. I would love some ultra tough 150's for the 264 Winchester.. Something like a heavily built AB or Bonded Solid Base would get it done. That would be pretty fearsome medicine for elk and moose.

I am wondering if it'll look like the 7LRM?

I wouldn't be opposed to have one chambered up should I get the need for more speed...

Hmmm! I'm thinking they took the 6.5x68 and blew it out to a 40 degree shoulder and increased the capacity to 92grs from 86grs.
Can some one run a quick load on a 6.5x68 AI and see what the capacity is?

Back