.264 120gr E-Tip. ?

1100 Remington Man

Handloader
May 1, 2007
I have been thinking of going green since the Government is anti lead. What also interest me is higher BC. Nosler 120gr E-Tip is .497 vs Nosler 120gr BT .458 BC. While the .264 120gr BT has served me very well, but this new bullet looks like a winner. Anybody tried these yet ? How is the Copper fouling ? Can one expect the same velocity ? Some Quickload help & see what the difference is between these two bullets would be appreciated with different powders. I would think it's penetration would be great. Thanks

The fouling is no different between the ET and the BT, AB or PT as its the same material.
The E-Tip does have a longer bearing surface so pressures can spike quickly. Use the mid load data in the Nosler reloading guide as a max load and you will be fine. Best accuracy seems to be about .100" off the lands.

JD338

I think that was a real smart move on Nosler's part, making the E-Tip out of Gilding Metal instead of pure copper.

Much less barrel fouling that way.

I,ve shot almost a whole box in my .270. No unusual fouling noted. Going green before they make ya do it does makes sense to me.

The 130 grain E-Tip is my "go to" bullet for the 270 WSM. It has taken multiple moose, elk and mule deer at various ranges. It performs flawlessly in that system and does not foul excessively.

Dwh7271":3kr39bkv said:
The 120 eTip is not in my Quickload version yet.
Sorry!

Ditto I use the regular X bullet as a sub.

Old thread....but thinking about the 120 gr E-tip for my 6.5-284 Norma. Anyone have experience with this bullet? My rifle is a Savage with a long chamber. Shoots 140 CC very well and starting to work up a hunting load for black bears. Either 140 AB or Partition, but then what about the 120 e-tip?

Cheers

orchemo":1vuxpmlz said:
Old thread....but thinking about the 120 gr E-tip for my 6.5-284 Norma. Anyone have experience with this bullet? My rifle is a Savage with a long chamber. Shoots 140 CC very well and starting to work up a hunting load for black bears. Either 140 AB or Partition, but then what about the 120 e-tip?

Cheers

I'd think that 120 punched out FAST should be wicked. I've always wanted to try them in my 264. Knowing they will hold up to the speed, they should perform well.

Hope you try them. I love the frontal area on those ETs when they are run hard.

I get 3400 fps in my 264 mag with 120 e tip and magpro

Ok so I bought some of these to try on white tails this year.
Have H4350, RL17 and Ramshot Hunter.
Any advice? I am looking at 3000 fps out of my 24” 8 twist barrel.

I think you will really like the E-tip! It sure has performed well on game in my son's 6mm Remington loaded with the 90 gr. E-tip. Antelope, deer, and elk have all fallen to that bullet. I was also impressed by it's performance in water jugs from 25-500 yards.

Ok so I loaded some up to mag box length of 2.81” and they grouped over 3”. Are the ETips similar to Barnes in that they need to be deeper in the case? They’re a long bullet (equal to a 130 AccuBond) so I hate to take up too much case space.

I don't have a .264 caliber, but in my 25-06 they didn't shoot well until they were deep. They are .115 off the lands and shooting 1/2" at 100 yards. Took me awhile to find the sweet spot. Good luck!

I have found E-Tips like a jump so I would work my way shorter looking for improvement.

Back