6.5 Swede 140 AB RL26

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
This is my first go with R26 and the 140 AB.

And the couple of speeds I collected.

Pretty good day with the Swede. I like the speeds I was getting but 7828 was more accurate while running around 2750'ish. Might mess a little with the bullet to see if I can get anything to pop. Not a lick of an observed PSI sign with this either.

I could sacrifice 100 fps for better accuracy. Still, I'm with you on tweaking the load to see if it will tighten.

DrMike":ys7ho5sv said:
I could sacrifice 100 fps for better accuracy. Still, I'm with you on tweaking the load to see if it will tighten.

I'll see what happens Mike. It looks like they wanna be a little shorter. Might try that and then monkey with the charge some. I do enjoy this rifle on the bench vs the Newton and other boomers. It's about like a BB gun :lol:

SJB358":g9fully2 said:
DrMike":g9fully2 said:

I'll see what happens Mike. It looks like they wanna be a little shorter. Might try that and then monkey with the charge some. I do enjoy this rifle on the bench vs the Newton and other boomers. It's about like a BB gun :lol:

You ought to go from the .340 to a 7x57 with a #3 countour. It's like "did it go off?" :grin:

c. schutte":2fs28yg6 said:
SJB358":2fs28yg6 said:
DrMike":2fs28yg6 said:

You ought to go from the .340 to a 7x57 with a #3 countour. It's like "did it go off?" :grin:

Yup.... that's exactly the case.

The speed looks quite good with RL26.

Noticed on your paper the 200 gr TTSX in the Newton, how did it do?

gerry":2dg8z805 said:
The speed looks quite good with RL26.

Noticed on your paper the 200 gr TTSX in the Newton, how did it do?

It did pretty decent Gerry. Still trying to sort out the 225 AB's, but the TTSX's seem to shoot pretty well. They are fast outta of that rifle.

Shot the Swede a little. Seemed to be pretty consistent. Didn't get a speed for 53 grains cause of danged battery's.. going to try and shorten them up a little and bring that 3rd shot in. Terrific speeds in the little 6.5 though. 26 is very impressive in this little guy.

What a sweet little rifle that Swede is. Loads are looking pretty good.

I think they will get there. 7828SSC Shot knot holes but I think I can work them a little to get them tightened up.

Hey guys. I need some help with this cartridge. I'm shooting a Tikka T3 and I'm wanting to get the best accuracy/velocity I can with 140 gr. I've got one load of 47.2 gr of RL22 and the 140 VLD Hunting bullet at an average of 2746 into about .5 for three shots at 100. Anyone have any suggestions on possibly getting this bullet (or another 140 gr) over 2800 fps out of this rifle? The only reason I'm asking is I have a hard time seeing 260 Rems and Creedmoor posted as"easily making" over this speed, but the 6.5x55 is usually posted as a 2700 range at best. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7828SSC and RL26 have easily pushed up over 2700 for me. 7828SSC has been the king of accuracy so far, but again, I think 26 should come around a little more with some tweaking.

Here are the speeds for 52.5 and 53... I believe I'll be working on this combo again shortly.

Shot the Swede at little. I believe I can get this sucker huntable pretty quick.

2890'ish from a 140 seems good to go from my point of view.

SJB,

what rifle and barrel length is your 6.5 SWE? I am shooting a CZ 550 FS with 20" barrel for my Swede.

Jimbeaux

Back