Duplicating Factory Load: Nosler 7mmSTW 160 Accubonds

TX COWDOC

Beginner
May 14, 2017
I recently had a rifle built with a Proof Research 24" 1:9 twist barrel. The rifle shoots the factory Nosler Custom Ammo into a ragged hole at a MV of ~3100 fps.

I'd like to duplicate the load and would be interested in the best guess / suggestion for powder / charge to get as close as I can.

Thank you

TX COWDOC

Hello TX,

I have had such good success with the Federal ammunition with the 160 SGK (.75 MOA @ 100 yds and 3" groups @ 400 yds) and AB's (.5 MOA @ 100 yds and 1" groups @ 300 yds) @ 3222 fps, that I have not yet tried to handload, as I picked up a good supply of each ammo as they were discontinued.

I did try to determine from Federal what powder and charge that they used, without any success.

I also have a few boxes of the Nosler ammo that you have, and it shoots well too (MOA) although I have not chronied it.

I know that several people have had good to great results with IMR7828 and H-1000.

BLKRAM,
Thank you for the comments. I handload almost exclusively for the 7STW. I'll do some more checking. Thanks!

Dr. Vette":2da6zb7j said:
Their own load data shows 3080fps with H-1000, the "most accurate" powder per the listing. I'd make that my first choice if I were you.

https://load-data.nosler.com/load-data/ ... erner-stw/

I contacted Nosler about 2 years ago asking which powder they used for their 160 AB ammo. The return email stated they do not give out that info, BUT if I were to look at their reloading data and pick the "most accurate powder & charge" I would probably be very happy with the result. I took this as a non-official way of telling me what they use in their factory ammo.

Back